Pixel 6 not receiving text messages.
Bakhtosh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't been receiving any SMS/MMS messages all day.  I've confirmed with several people that they received texts (SMS & MMS), but I'm not receiving anything. 

I've rebooted the phone multiple times, once in safe mode.  I've turned networking off and on.  I've cleared the cache.  I switched from the default Google messages app to the Verizon app.  Nothing has made a bit of difference.

Labels (1)
Re: Pixel 6 not receiving text messages.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure you are able to get text messages. Did you recently switch devices from an iPhone? *Peter

0 Likes
mwoollen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same.  This problem happened to me 4 weeks ago.  Tried all the same things (reboot, safe mode, reset network settings, reboot again and again).  In addition, I spent hours with tech support tier 1 and tier 2.  Ordered a replacement phone.  Same problem.  Finally, a technician went through a series of resets and magical keystrokes on their end.  And 💥🤯.  Text messages started flowing in!   Hurray!  

But wait... Yesterday, sadly, the problem has returned.  😡😣😫🤮

Please assist.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dealing with ongoing text messaging issues is not the ideal experience. We're sorry to hear about the issue reoccurring. Since having the problem corrected yesterday, have there been any changes to the device or app? Which text messaging app are you using?  -Rita K.

0 Likes
dhuff3

I am also having this issue with my Pixel 6. I've had it for months, no problems, suddenly yesterday I couldn't receive texts. I can send them just fine. I've shut the phone on/off several times, turned off my internet connection as suggested elsewhere. The only thing that might have triggered it is I started a new job and was setting up my ADP pay app, and ADP started sending a message that just repeats over and over, so I blocked that number. Didn't help. I unblocked ADP and again their robo message keeps coming every few minutes, but NO other messages get through. Help!! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of your texting services working, and I would be more than happy to take a look to see how we can help. Please send us a Private Note, so we may be able to assist. *Gert

0 Likes
tarpon204

No

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it. No worries, please reply to our private note to better assist you. 

~Aaron

0 Likes
RogerConatser

Customer Support, when your response in the help community is "I will send the fix in a private message", does nothing for the rest of the Verizon customers having the same issue....this is very obvious.

0 Likes
achizzy

Ok so I had this problem, tried everything. What fixed it for me was going into the Network & Internet settings, tapping on SIMs, then turning "Use SIM" off and back on. My phone blew up with messages from the past few days. I hope this helps.

0 Likes