Pixel Video Calling Not Working
SlimLD50

I have a Pixel 2XL and my dad just got a Pixel 3. We try to video call so he can see his grand daughter but many times he will just see a frozen image and then the video call will drop to voice call. He didn't have this issue with his Galaxy. We're both set to use data and not WiFi for video calling. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel Video Calling Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you and your dad are having issues with video calling SlimLD50. I know how important it is to have the ability to see his granddaughter. We will help with this issue. Have there been any issues with your other services lately (calls, text, or data) for either you or your dad? Have you tried to video chat other places other than your home? Does the video drop on your end or his end?

Also check the software on both devices to make sure they are up to date.       

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
SlimLD50

Some dropped calls but not a lot.  I'm typically at home when we talk but he's tried it at home, work, and other places and the problem persists. Both are phones have all current updates. I can typically see him fine but he'll just see a frozen image on his phone before the video completely drops and changes to a voice call. No issues with texts or data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
hank you for the additional information. We would like to gather more information before we proceed to steps. Have you been able to complete video calls with other people recently? Do you initiate the call or does he?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
njmnote9user

Hello everyone! I had the same problem but I had to figure it out all on my own and mess with settings to get mine to work. 

1. Make sure you do all updates on your phone before you try this

2. Go to settings

3. Go to connections

4. Go to mobile networks

5. Go down to Network mode and make it's on LTE/CDMA and not Global, because if its on Global your HD video calling will not work. Hope this helps you all out. 

Have a Great Day!!! 

Not a customer service rep but I try to help out when I can!
0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes