Re: Pixel XL Call drops after a few seconds with no network connection?
HARLEO27

I called Google themselves 4 times they admit that they have a problem and supposedly an update is available but when I call Verizon they did know this so I am writing a letter to the State Attorney General and Verizon will not be able to lie to them I am talking possible class action stay tuned

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is an update supposedly scheduled to be released on 1/03/2017. The previous update addressed a number of bugs related to the voicemail and Bluetooth connections. Pixel, Phone by Google Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ANGIRO21

I got the regular pixel November 25, 2016.  It has dropped calls daily.  The patch in December helped bit did not eliminate the problem.  Multiple calls to Verizon tech and Google.  Data roaming turned on, advanced calling off, changed network to global, and new SIM card. About had it!

0 Likes
chrmbly

Same issues.  No help from Verizon or Google.  [Removed], they don't even lie to me telling me they are aware of the issue- it's always the same thing.  Safe mode, replace SIM card, replace phone.  4th SIM and second device.  All the same issues.  I don't know why I got rid of my 6P.  Never had any issues with that phone.  And disabling Advanced calling is a weak answer - in 2017 you should be able to have navigation running in your car and get a phone call.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Joet54

Having same issue hopefully somebody will fix this just started new contract with very expensive phone don't need any more paper weights

0 Likes
xip080
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm still having the same problem. I've replaced both my phone and SIM card, but nothing will fix it. Google continues to give me the runaround. I made a video of the problem if it helps anyone:

Google Pixel phone signal dropping on Verizon - YouTube

I hope there's a solution soon.

0 Likes
WILSCR71

Same problem. Hollow bars. It seems to be tied to towers that I connect to with LTE. It consistently has problems with those towers. I've replaced SIM card, run in safe mode for 24 hours. All with no good result. I need to get this problem fixed or move to a different phone. But will Nougat running on another phone have the same problem? It seems to be happening to Nexus phones as well when they've upgraded to Nougat.

Check this for Google forum to the problem:
Google Groups

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/5rxa9j/nonstop_signal_droppingreconnecting/

Here's a video of the problem:

Google Pixel phone signal dropping on Verizon - YouTube

0 Likes
SOOSTA11

same exact issue, no matter what settings, new sim, went to corp store and checked to see if I have the patch, I do, so waiting for phone #2 to see if this helps

thank goodness I still have my Note 4 as a backup

0 Likes
Xzero
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its not just only the pixel thats having that problem. Im having the same issue with my Note 4. Even with advance calling features off i still drop all signal. Voice and data

0 Likes
MADI68

March 16th 2017 and still a near-daily failure. With Advanced calling on, calls are just dropped (well, drops altogether or my end mutes first with no way to remedy, then we have to hang up & start again). With adv calling off, I can't navigate in the car and get a call. Or, already in a call, my navigation apps cannot connect. srsly wth. I resent unspeakably the "answer" from tech supports that a (refurbished) replacement phone (while I continue payments for a brand new unbelievably expensive device!) or sim is the solution. It never is. 

These were the kind of issues I accepted in 1997, but also expected (and received) improvements to. 

0 Likes