Pixel XL is not updating the 2/5/2018 security update
mathguy0604
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update has been announced on the web site and has been out there for a week.  Have actively requested the update via Settings -> System -> System Updates and it says that my system is up to date but I only have the 1/5/2018 update.  What gives?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel XL is not updating the 2/5/2018 security update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The updates are staggered and don't release all at once. It can take weeks to reach everyone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Updates are rolled out in waves and it can take a while before all devices receive it.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dang ninjas. 

mathguy0604
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone gotten it?  Not that I've heard.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It showed up yesterday and was installed last night.

Screenshot_20180214-110935.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mathguy0604, we realize the importance of always keeping your phone as up to date as possible.  You are correct in that the most recent update was released for commercial availability on 2/5/18.  As Ann154 stated, updates are not released all at once, but to small groups of customers in increments.  You should still be receiving it eventually, but it can take some time.  Unfortunately we don’t have access to exactly when customers will receive their individual updates.

SeanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes