Pixel constantly rebooting on updating
gibbsdg

This is weird. Have a Pixel 3 that when trying to take an update got stuck in a cycle of constantly rebooting. It did it for 8 hours. I am not able to start the phone in Safe Mode because as soon as I let go of the Volume Down button the phone immediately starts rebooting again.

Any ideas what could cause this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel constantly rebooting on updating
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want your phone to have an issue like like the one you describe with rebooting on its own, gibbsdg. We are here to help. 

We are not seeing a reported issue from Google that indicates this is a common issue with your model phone. Did you purchase the phone directly from us or from Google? Has your phone been dropped or come in contact with liquid?

Also, we want to make sure that your phone has the default software from the manufacturer, since a boot issue to what you describe is similar to happens with a non-approved software installation. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
JayGatz25

I have the same issue with a Pixel 2. All was well and then all of a sudden it just began restarting repeatedly and will not enter safe mode. When I enter into the root menu and select recovery it cannot find the command. It is almost as though the OS has deleted itself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear about the issue that you are having with your device. This is definitely not the experience that we want for you to have, and we will be glad to look into it to get it corrected. Have you tried to restart your device to see if the issue continues? When was the last time that you updated the software on your phone? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
pittsrc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem, starting today, with a Pixel 1. Yes, I know, a Pixel 1. Purchased 3 years ago at a Verizon store. I keep it regularly updated and it has worked reliably until now. Has anyone gotten this issue resolved?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with the Pixel Rebooting, pittsrc. Let's look further into this. Did this start after a software update or app that was downloaded? How much memory is available? Is the device damaged? 

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes