Pixel dropped in water
Bloomington
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is isn't a question but wanted to share my recovery experience after dropping my phone in a cooler filled with ice water.   My almost 2 year old Pixel 2 fell into a cooler with ice water and lay there undiscovered for at least an hour while it was also plugged into an external battery pack.  After a day of drying on top of air vent I tried to power it up and nothing.   I plugged it in to the charger and the only response I would get is a blinking red light on the phone.   I left if charge for an hour and it still would not power up.  I assumed it was toast.  I took out the sim card and sim card holder and placed the phone back on top of an air vent.  No heat or A/C just had the thermostat set to fan.  I left it there for another day.  This time when I pressed the power much to my pleasant surprise it powered up and quickly saw the Google name and colored dot dancing.  Phone seems to work fine.

Bottom line is don't give up on your Pixel if you have dropped in water and after a day of drying it still does not work.  Apparently, it takes more than a day so keep drying and keep trying.  If your experience is like mine it will eventually boot up.  

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 2 dropped in water
Bloomington
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correction:  I have the original Pixel not a Pixel 2 so I should have titled this post "Pixel dropped in water".  Apparently, my selective memory made the assumption that since the Pixel 3 was coming out and Verizon was still charging me a monthly payment on my phone I must have the Pixel 2.

0 Likes
Re: Pixel dropped in water
rcschnoor
Legend

In the future if you have a similar experience, you could try putting the phone in a plastic bag full of rice or multiple dessicant packs for a day or 2. These items pull moisture out of the air to dry items such as electronics which have fallen in water.

Re: Pixel dropped in water
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bloomington, I am so sorry to hear about your device being dropped in water. We are here to help. Do you know if you had Wireless Phone Protection? If you so you can file a claim to get it replaced. http://spr.ly/6585DAvRB

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes