Pixel no voice/speaker help
Sillygator15

Google Pixel 1. Speaker won't work and no voice on calls. Factory reset, deleted updates and safe mode had no changes. Google refers me to ubreakifix, even though I did not break their trash phone. Verizon did switch out sim cards, but that did not work neither. $270 still owed and I'm stuck with a broken phone.Any help? I've contemptated switch services of they would buy out my phone's. VZW customer for 15 years.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel no voice/speaker help
Tidbits
Legend

Its out of warranty and any carrier you will have the same result.  If it is broken and they find out carrier buy outs will not happen or greatly reduces the money they reimburse you.  I wish you the best of luck to which ever carrier you go with.  If it was a Pixel 2 Google gave that one 2 year warranty sadly.

0 Likes
Sillygator15

Yes, the warranty is up. Google released an update early this morning. Updated, installed and restarted phone. Everything starts up and is working fine. Speaker, Mic and can make phone calls out. This last approximately 30 minutes and we are back to the same issues.

0 Likes
ex279

I'm having the same issues with the recent update pushed out last week.  Will work fine after a reboot; but only for 10-15 minutes.  I also did a factory reset and went through the troubleshooting steps.  Does the same thing with a bluetooth headset; which should eliminate the hardware on the phone.  I can play music and record voice notes just fine.  It seems to only be affecting the phone app or software side.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ex279, 

We understand how important the sound it too you. Let's get some details. Does the phone work at all on speakerphone? Is the audio issue just on one end? Please provide more details on what is happening with this device?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ex279

If the phone has been on for a while and a call is made:

• I am unable to hear the caller (non-speaker phone)
  • I am unable to speak to the caller (non-speaker phone)
  • The Caller is unable to hear me
  • The Caller is unable to speak to me
  • This occurs on both handset mode, speaker phone mode and with a bluetooth connected headset.

If I reboot the phone, everything works fine for 1-2 calls, right after the reboot. 

I can play audio from Youtube over the speaker, through a jack headphone and through bluetooth.  However, I cannot use Voice-to-Text or any microphone related items.

I've disabled the Advanced Calling Features, reset the network properties and have even performed a full factory reset.  Everything was good until the patch that was rolled out on Feb 5th, 2018.   Now, it's been just over 3 weeks since my warranty expired on Jan 28th.  Until I find a resolution, I have been forced to forward my calls to my AT&T Work iPhone. 

Is there a way to roll back to the last version?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you can't revert back to the previous version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have supplied us with some very helpful information, Ex279. Does this issue happen when the Bluetooth option is turned off and on? (We just want to rule out that the device is connecting to a Bluetooth device unintentionally that is causing the audio to be absent when off/on a call? What are the current settings on your audio controls? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-208144/

0 Likes
ex279

Bluetooth can be toggled on/off.  BT device can be connected or disconnected.  Same results.  The Media, Alarm and Ring Volume are all up. 

At this point, I have sent my phone back for repair/replacement.

0 Likes
TROHAR56

My son is having the same issue.  It appears MANY customers are having this issue if you read the reviews of the Pixel on Verizon's site.  A lawsuit was filed against Google recently over the same issues.  Google isn't willing to help.  I understand the phone is out of warranty, but this is ridiculous.  He has rebooted, started in SAFE mode, factory reset, etc.  He cannot make any phone calls, Skype, etc.  He is sixteen and lives in a residential high school two hours away and we CANNOT hear his voice.  This is extremely frustrating.  Google support is only suggesting we take the phone to an authorized service agent for repair.  I will not spend one dime on fixing his phone.  I would just like Google or Verizon to step up and admit there is a known problem with the phone.  Many people owe approximately $300 on the phone and cannot even use it as a phone.  I don't want any more troubleshooting.  I want someone to man up and offer a viable solution to a defective device. 

0 Likes