Pixel2 phone does not receive calls when connected to 4G extender
RUNNALADY

I have a brand new Google Pixel2 phone that my husband got me for Christmas, and I have had nothing but problems with receiving texts and phone calls since day one. I previously had an Iphone 6 and I had a 3G network extender at home because we have poor signal strength. I work from home and I need my phone to work. The Iphone worked fine, no missed calls, no missed text messages. The week after I switched to the Pixel, I missed many of my clients text messages, my phone calls were intermittent. Went to the Verizon Store where I was told that I needed to purchase a 4G Network extender, and that would solve all my problems. Installed the new network extender, and I do get my text messages, but only 1 in 5 phone calls get through to my phone. When I dial #48, I get confirmation that I am within Network extender coverage. My husband tries to call within one minute of verifying connectivity to the extender, and my phone never rings, I see no missed call, and the phone call goes to voicemail. I've reset the phone, reset the extender, still only get call intermittently. Not happy right now with my new phone or Verizon's service. I feel like the $270 spent for the network extender was a big waste of money right now. Can anyone tell why I am only getting calls intermittently when at home? Every time I dial #48 I get confirmation that I am connected, and all of my outbound calls work great. I show 7 to 8 satellites on the display of the network extender. My texts work fine now as well. But I need this to work, I am losing many client phone calls now.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel2 phone does not receive calls when connected to 4G extender
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I would suggest 2 things:

1. If you haven't already done so, make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned OFF

2. If you are using a network extender, I am guessing that you have broadband internet. You do not need the extender as your phone should be Advanced Calling and WiFi Calling capable. Try disconnecting the network extender and enabling Advanced and WiFi Calling to see if this solves the issue.

Oh...make sure that your network settings are on CDMA/LTE and not Global.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to be happy with your service RUNNALADY. It is important to be sure your calls are working the way they should. Sprmankalel offered some great suggestions. Does the issue with your calls only happen inside your home or do you have this issue anywhere you are? Do other lines experience the same trouble when connected to the extender or is it only happening on your phone? This information will let us know if we need to take a closer look at your device or the extender itself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to receive client calls is crucial, RUNNALADY. sprmankalel provided some great recommendations, and we're here to add to that. What setting is turned on when you look at 'Priority only allows' for incoming calls? Here is a link with steps to get there: http://vz.to/2sKTwfV

LynnD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes