Pixels 3 & 5 not receiving texts while powered off.
woodardhsd

I normally turn my phone off at night and charge.  For a while now, my Pixel 3 had not been receiving texts that were sent to me while my phone was off.  I figured it was just my old, tired Pixel 3.  I finally upgraded to a Pixel 5, and it's doing the same thing.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixels 3 & 5 not receiving texts while powered off.
woodardhsd

After chatting with "tier 2" support, I'm no better than when I started.  They blamed the Pixel software,  and the messaging app I'm using. Suggested I try their Message+ app.  They also told me to just not turn the phone off overnight and to leave it on "do not disturb" mode if I didn't want it ringing in the middle of the night. 

He said that it being off for 8 hours was long enough for the message to be undeliverable so it gets rejected.  He then asked me to turn off the device so heh could send me a text.  After turning the device back on and still not receiving the text, I asked him if 2 minutes was too long for the message to become undeliverable.  He didn't have an answer for that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these details. Please send us a Private Note. *Cecile

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on upgrading to the Google Pixel 5! We certainly want you to enjoy your new phone and its many features. It saddens us to hear that you're experiencing issues receiving  text messages sent to your new phone, as you previously experienced with your old phone, while both devices were powered off. 

That's certainly not the experience we want for you and we apologize for your inconvenience. Let's work together to get this resolved. Since you've had your new Pixel 5, have there been any recent changes with your Device? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, recent SIM Card change, etc.) Thanks!-Robert C.

0 Likes
woodardhsd

I tried that already, but got nowhere.  I sent a private message on Tuesday as I was asked to, but received no response.  I've already had my Pixel 3 re-activated and will be returning the Pixel 5.  If I'm going to have to deal with a 90% functioning device/network, It may as well be on the old paid off phone, not one I just paid $700 for.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

woodardhsd, I am sorry to learn that the phone was not working as it should. This is certainly not the experience we want any of our customers to have especially with a new device. Our apologies we do not see a private note was sent. -Tionna

0 Likes
woodardhsd

Here's what I sent on Tuesday

private message.JPG

0 Likes
woodardhsd

That's three times you've apologized, but made no real attempt to fix my problem.  No one has responded to my private note.  You're lucky there's no one else that provided decent signal in my area, otherwise I'd be out.

0 Likes