Remove contacts that are in Verizon Cloud but not in Google Contacts
mgilberg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I added another person's gmail account to my phone during a family emergency.  As expected, his contact list synced to my phone.  After the emergency I deleted his gmail account from my phone.  Now for the problem.  His contacts were automatically removed from my Google backup, but they persist in my Verizon Cloud backup.  When I open the phone and select Contacts the list includes his and mine.  When I open the Contacts app only mine appear.  Google Drive has only my contacts, Verizon Cloud has both combined.  How can I delete only his contacts automatically, as opposed to going through thousands of names one at a time?

Is there someone who actually knows what's up who can comment on this potential plan?

1.  Export Google Drive contacts as CSV file

2.  Go to Verizon Cloud website and delete all contacts

3.  Upload CSV file from Google

4.  DO NOT DO THIS ON THE PHONE.  ONLY ON THE VERIZON CLOUD WEBSITE.

Seems like it should work, but there's a downside to potentially deleting all of the contacts.  That is a phone user's worst nightmare.

Comments?  Suggestions?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Remove contacts that are in Verizon Cloud but not in Google Contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon mgilberg, thank you for reaching out the Social Media Team. Our goal is to provide you with the best experience. Please, send us a PM/DM, so we can address all your concerns. Verizon is always here to help! >Jocelyn

0 Likes
mgilberg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jocelyn...

Where would I send the PM/DM?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey mgilberg! We'll send you a message via a secured channel, please make sure to respond when you receive it, so we can address your concerns. Thank you. ~Louis

0 Likes