SMS not going through to PCS
Deltabreeze
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since about end of July beginning of August, I to can not send a regular text message to a friend of mine that has Metro PCS either using the Verizon App or the default app.  I can only send MMS to this friend.  Verizon says it's on their end yet PCS doesn't show anything on their end either.  I can receive their messages and everyone else's message and I can send sms messages just fine, except to PCS yet they can receive sms messages just fine from other Verizon friends.  I've tried factory reset, new sim card, etc....but nothing has worked.  Most annoying !

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: SMS not going through to PCS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Deltabreeze,

Making sure you can send texts to everyone is important. I’m sorry to read that you’ve had so much trouble sending texts to this one particular contact. We truly appreciate everything you’ve done with troubleshooting. Let’s figure this out once & for all. When you send the text, does it show that it was sent or do you get an error message? Do you have the most updated software on your phone? (To check, you will go to Settings >> System >> System Updates >> Check for update.)

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Deltabreeze
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi

I've done ALL the troubleshooting from A-Z

There are no new updates. First update was to the new Oreo and then a security patch was the second.

When I send a text to that one number, it shows it's being sent and I do not receive any error message yet I can send them an MMS message just fine and I can send regular SMS messages to my other friends without incident.

I've even set my phone to factory and got a new sim card.

Karen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to send text to that number, Deltabreeze. I want to make sure that we did not miss a step when troubleshooting the device. Have you deleted the original threaded message and composed a new one? If not, please do so and see if you can send a message to that number. Please clear the cache and data for the messaging applications. Settings>App & notifications>App info.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Deltabreeze
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

To answer your questions, yes I've cleared out everything including caches, deleted the phone number, factory reset, etc....Still the problem exists to this day.

0 Likes
apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem, what worked for me probably won't work for you, but still worth a try. I tried a number of other troubleshooting steps before doing this.

settings - apps - app info - messages -  at the bottom, app details - uninstall - update - open

and try sending a message to the person again.

0 Likes
LP7HILLS
Enthusiast - Level 1

And 3 years later, Same problem. Using iphone 11 on Verizon am unable to send text message to Metro PCS phone. iphone11 upgrades are all in. Verizon bill is not outstanding. Try to text and then have message next to my text,NOT DELIVERED.

Is there any solution?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes