Re: STILL not receiving correct Pixel promotion
DocProc29
Enthusiast - Level 2

I appreciate that you are trying to help me, I really do, but you have to understand how frustrating it is to be repeatedly told that a promotion doesn't exist when I provided proof up front. I feel like the facts are being ignored in order to suite Verizon's needs, rather than mine.

I don't know why it is not in your system (as you claim), but it really doesn't take much research outside of your database to find several news articles regarding the promotion on top of the press release that has already been provided to you (and everyone else I have chatted with).

The gift card was for the switcher promotion. I was told this would not affect my eligibility for the Pixel promo (as it shouldn't).

I'm so tired of being given the run-around and basically being told that the promotion is correct and everything is as it should be when that is clearly not the case. This needs to be escalated further (not sure how it hasn't at this point - I've been in contact with you guys a total of 6 times since March regarding the same issue...). If this cannot get resolved here (and I truly believe you can do that for me), I will try visiting a retail location and have my issue escalated there. If it wasn't so obvious that I am being cheated here, I wouldn't have given it a second thought, but here I am. This is hands down the worst experience I have ever had regarding a service provider and am confused as to why this has been so incredibly difficult to get resolved.

0 Likes
nelipin

I know how you feel Doc.  Are you still trying to resolve your issue?

I purchased my Google Pixel over the phone on Black Friday when I saw the promotion of $0 monthly payment with qualifying trade-in.

It took until my 4th bill after the purchase (billed on the 10th) on March 10 for any credit to appear for my new device.  However when I looked at it, I was only receiving the $17.08/month promotional credit for the device and not the additional credit for my trade-in.

I have been in contact with Verizon Customer Service on the phone or chat online each month since then asking where my trade-in credit is and when will it appear.  So today was my 4th time contacting them.  I am definitely getting very frustrated with them to the point that I almost want to say screw it and pay off the phone and go to another carrier and just forget Verizon.

Each time I am told they see what should be applied and paperwork has been submitted, etc., and it should appear on my next bill and each month I wait for my next bill and am not the least bit surprised when the trade-in credit does not appear.  From speaking with the person today and what he said it almost sounded like each time paperwork was submitted or anything it was just to REAPPLY my promotional credit I am already receiving!  I was so mad when I heard that.  I have spent so much time and energy trying to get this resolved and am now to my tipping point.  I don't want to leave Verizon since I have been a customer for over 10 years, but this customer service experience is almost taking me to that point.

0 Likes
DocProc29
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi nelipin. I figured I couldn't be the only one having an experience like this. It sounds like our cases are very similar. They did the same thing to me - they just kept "confirming" that the correct credit was being applied when submitting the tickets rather than actually doing some research and changing the credit to reflect the promotion I should be receiving.

To answer your question, I am not sure. The last person I spoke with submitted another ticket explaining the situation. The reason I have a little more hope this time is because he finally understood my issue (after I once again had to convince him that their own promotion existed within the time frame that I purchased the phone and that I was in fact eligible to get the phone for free) and then submitted the ticket based on that. I was in the same boat as you - feeling like giving up and going to another carrier because I literally explained the same thing to about six different people and it still hasn't been resolved. Every single one of them also tried to explain to me why I was wrong at first, until I had to provide them proof. I'm glad someone finally contacted me by phone and seem to finally grasp the issue as a whole and confirmed that I need to have additional credits applied, not just the promotional credit that already existed. 

That being said, if this does not get resolved by the time I receive my next bill, I will be seriously considering going to a different carrier. I was with AT&T as both a customer and employee before this and I can tell you that my experience thus far with Verizon has been far below what I ever could have imagined. I had heard about their poor customer service before (and was often the reason people switched to AT&T), but I'm still surprised at the carelessness. I have had to contact them at least once a month since I started service with them for multiple issues (one of which has been resolved).

I hope someone on this forum gets in touch with you regarding your issue, as they did with me, and make a true effort to get it resolved. It's just odd to me because when I was a manager at AT&T, issues like this would get resolved almost immediately. At most, it took a few days if it was complex. I couldn't imagine putting a customer through this after they provided me with all the evidence needed to make a correction.

Sorry for rambling a bit, but all I can really say is good luck!!

0 Likes
nelipin

Good luck to you Doc. 

You should check it out online, not sure how their service is where you are, but Sprint just came out with a deal if you switch to them you get free unlimited service for 1 full year.  That is just too good of a deal to pass up.  Especially with going through this for just a little more credits on my phone, that deal pushed me over the edge to make the decision to switch.

0 Likes
JCASTUN

I am not sure where you stand now in the process but I am going through the same thing. Each time I have contacted customer service (every bill since Feb), they tell me I'm wrong and that there were no promotions or I am getting all the credit I deserve. The last rep said they guaranteed they have figured it out and I would now receive the correct credits. I am doubtful but am waiting it out for now. I have been milling around the T-mobile store but it seems like such a hassle to move all 5 lines. Honestly, Verizon is giving me no choice.

0 Likes
amberf_vzw
Verizon Employee

We don't want you strolling to another carrier Jcastun. We would be sad if you left. I would like to review your account to see what I can do and research this promotion. I have sent you a private message so I can assist.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DocProc29
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, it's been another two months and guess what? THE ISSUE IS STILL NOT RESOLVED!!

I am seriously amazed at the incompetency that Verizon has displayed over the last several months. I am ready to switch carriers since I've felt nothing but deceived and mostly ignored after having your service for only 8 months. I do not understand how the correct promo credit has not been applied to my account. I've been asking about this for more than 4 months straight....I feel as though Verizon just figures we will eventually give up so they won't have to credit us the money they owe from the promotion.

My last resort may be going into a store and staying there until a manual credit is placed on my account because clearly submitting various tickets doesn't do anything. Again, I heard repeatedly that VZW customer service was bad, but you have truly exceeded my expectations in that area. Congrats. Literally the only exceptional thing about you from what I can tell so far (the service/coverage is somehow much worse than what I had at AT&T...and I travel all around the state of Colorado and elsewhere).

I'm just wondering how the heck you manage to treat your customers this way when you are losing subscribers at a record pace.

0 Likes
m1tche11j

It looks like you have been back and forth with the customer service team a bunch of times with no resolution and only half promises (I've had this a lot in the past Smiley Sad )

Have a peek at FCC Complaints  you can raise an informal complaint with the FCC that they then take up with the provider for you. Its sometimes enough to get the issue escalated to the correct level of customer support since they need to provide a written answer to you within 30 days (and to the FCC).

This only really works after you've exhausted all other options, such as trying to call the CS team, trying escallations, trying different routes etc etc.

Good luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want our customers to have a bad experience, DocProc29.  I will be reaching out to you so that we can review your trade in promotion.  Was your device a Pixel or Pixel XL and what memory configuration?

AdamB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ZANCHESKA

I have this same problem.  I actually purchased my Pixel on 12/11 under a promotion where I thought I was going to get $300 for any trade in. 

Order Pixel, Phone by Google with Verizon LTE Advanced from Verizon today | About Verizon

I did misread this promotion as it does say only with certain trade-ins.  However, when I received  a letter confirming that my Galaxy Note 3 was only worth $57, I reached out.  I actually received the estimate on 12/16  and I called customer service to determine why it wasn't $300.  They could not find that promotion so they were unable to really help me to get the credit I thought I should have or even explain that it was only for certain phones.  So, in an effort to proof my case, I looked at the website and determined that a BETTER promotion was happening which was the no trade-in for $10 that you mention above released on 12/15. I asked the CSR if I could have the better promotion since I had my phone for less than a week.  He said he would have to look, I was on hold forever, he called me back later.  He said that technically I should return the phone and order another one to get the credit but since I was so patient, he was going to just get it done for me somehow someway.  I never received my credits and when I chat online with CSR or call, they basically tell me there was never a $10 pixel promotion and that there is no record of my phone conversations in December regarding it.  I am paying $27.08 every month for my pixel instead of the $10 that I was promised.  I have begged customer service for assistance and they have been no help. I just want what I deserve and what I was told.  I would have never purchased the pixel at this price.  I would have returned it!

http://www.verizon.com/about/news/last-minute-gift-buyers-rejoice-get-all-best-phones-including-veri...

0 Likes