Schedule Message function on normal messages
Morr0817
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, 

I have a google pixel phone (4a) and most of the time, when i go to send a normal message on Message +, it brings up the option to schedule a message. It's so annoying. I understand that if you long press the send icon, it brings up the "schedule message" function. I am not doing that. I understand that my software needs to be up to date and that re-installing Message + might help. I did all of those things. 

I wish there was an option to disable the feature to schedule a message, as I'm sure this is a fairly unpopular option by Message+ users. I tried customer service and they don't think that this is an issue that "many people are having." So I ask, is anyone else having this issue. I'm fairly literate with technology and think that something is happening with maybe the app on my specific phone model, or some type of app bug. 

Thank you, 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Schedule Message function on normal messages
Nickoakz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would just like to bump in that if you find one messaging app, Message+, to be of frustration to use,

You could open the Google Play Store and download Messages from Google instead to have a SMS/texting app that doesn't have the feature of 'scheduled message'.

I find the Messages app from Google more user friendly compared to Verizon's boxy Message+ app.

And your text messages will still be there if you change between the apps, you'll just need to accept the app to be your default sms manager. Since all your text messages are on your phone itself, simply using another app to view your text messages will seamlessly show your messages in another app.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Morr0817. Currently, the option "Schedule a message" is not able to be disabled. We may recommend changing the touch sensitivity on your phone to see if that can help prevent the feature from popping up.  

CassieG_VZW  

0 Likes
Nickoakz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would just like to bump in that if you find one messaging app, Message+, to be of frustration to use,

You could open the Google Play Store and download Messages from Google instead to have a SMS/texting app that doesn't have the feature of 'scheduled message'.

I find the Messages app from Google more user friendly compared to Verizon's boxy Message+ app.

And your text messages will still be there if you change between the apps, you'll just need to accept the app to be your default sms manager. Since all your text messages are on your phone itself, simply using another app to view your text messages will seamlessly show your messages in another app.

Morr0817
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! Yes, I've heard the Google messaging is far better than what Verizon has created. I will look into that as I'm getting nowhere. Thank you very much!

0 Likes
alyssagreen

YUP!   MOST ANNOYING THING EVER!!!!

Nearly 5-10 times a day I get the scheduling screen.   I don' want to schedule anything.   I don't want to schedule a message.   I want to send it now.   Why am I getting a screen that pops up with a calendar?  Why can't I turn off this "feature"???  Who is the genius that decided to implement this?  And who did the testing?  Bad QA.   Bad product management. 

- Mark
0 Likes
alyssagreen

IS it?

- Mark
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, alyssagreen.  A short tap to the send arrow will send the message with out opening the schedule message feature. If the issue occurs even with a short tap, we would recommend uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
Morr0817
Enthusiast - Level 1

That does not work as a solution @vzw_customer_support @. It must be for certain phones. I have tried multiple times to open a ticket and there is no concern at all to fix this issue. Again, it would be nice if you could turn it off as an option as I'm sure very little of your clientele use this feature. It is possible that certain phones there is a bad feedback option or something. @alyssagreen @ I ended up using Google messaging

0 Likes
jkalintyler

I also have a pixel 4A and a short tap brings the scheduling message up about...once every 7 messages? It seems random, and I'm definitely not long pressing anything. It's a pretty annoying glitch. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it before. Since I can see that multiple people are complaining about it and it's not getting fixed, I will probably try the suggestion to download the Google sms app instead. 

0 Likes