Sending email to text
dustinwilson80

Hello, I've just switched to Verizon from AT&T. Mostly everything is going smoothly. I did have one issue that I'd like to resolve, if possible. In the past I could send emails to my phone using my wireless number's email account. I'm able to successfully do this with Verizon as well, but it appears it's not as reliable as it was with AT&T. I've tried sending the email using both the @VTEXT.com and @vzwpix.com versions. Sometimes I get the text, but most of the time, I don't.

Is there something that can be done to make sure that it's always working? Can I add a trusted sender or something like that to my account? There is only a couple of emails that I would like to be sent this way. Timing on these particular emails is critical, so that's the reason I ask. If there is another method that allows me to instantly get notified from an email, I'm open to that as well.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Sending email to text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dustinwilson80,

We welcome you to our Verizon family. We absolutely want to make sure that you are able to receive your emails by text like you used to. Please allow us to further evaluate the details. Can you please provide us the make/model of your device? Also, please clarify what type of text message app you are using (message app that came with your device, messages +)?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dustinwilson80

Thank you for the response.

I apologize. I should have added my device details in the previous post. I'm using a Google Pixel, and I am using Android Messages (the standard one from Google, which was the default for the Pixel). Here's the link to the app, if that helps: Android Messages - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dustinwilson80,

Not a problem. The information you provided truly helps. Can you please clarify if the “@vtext.com” message you are not receiving is from a particular individual or multiple parties? Also, upon further investigation we are showing that only 140 characters of text can be sent in one message, including the email. Do you know if the messages may be containing more characters? Please follow this link for additional details and reference number 4 http://vz.to/2wp4U1r. Please keep us updated on the progress.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dustinwilson80

Thanks for the help. I thought this was solved, and I've been pretty busy the last few weeks, so again I apologize for the delay.

It seems to work a little more reliably when I use @vzwpix.com instead of the @vtext.com. However, it's very unreliable. I do seem to get pretty much the whole email with this method (much more than 140 characters) when it does work. I honestly don't need to see the whole email. If it was just the subject, that would be fine. However, I cannot count on it. Are there any other options I may try?

0 Likes