Server Error. Try again later
Hunt_trex
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Pixel 2 XL and when I try to make a phone call I get a message server error. Try again later.

When I turn off Advance Calling I'm able to make out going calls.  When I turn it back on the error comes back on.

Troubleshooting I have tried.:

1. reset the network settings and rebooted.

2 .removed HD Calling from my products  and step 1  ( removes advanced calling from settings menu)

3. added HD Calling back in my products and step 1 ( advanced calling option returned)

I'm able to receive calls when advance calling is on.   I even get an HD indicator when on the call.  Just can't call out.

I thought I could live without HD calling but I'm getting old and I have trouble hearing the other party.   You don't realize how bad regular cellular bandwidth is until you have to use it again.

Labels (2)
Re: Server Error. Try again later
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Advanced Calling has truly come a long way, Hunt_trex, and we’re so pleased that the calls you receive offer that clarity that fits your needs. We’re going to work hard to ensure that you can also place these calls without the “message server” error. Thank you for your diligent troubleshooting, and for detailing those steps here. Let’s continue working on this. When did this trouble first start? Where are you getting this error? For example, what city or cities do you have this trouble in? How far apart are the locations, if more than one? This question may sound odd, but do you use an app called “My Numbers” on your Pixel 2 XL?

George_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hunt_trex
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello George,

The trouble has started as soon as I got the Pixel 2 and enable advanced calling.    I'm getting this error in Huntsville, Al.  It does not work at my office or home location.   They are only about 9 miles apart.   I have not traveled out of the city and tried to enable advanced calling.   I will travel 30 miles out of the city this weekend and I will try to enable it to see if it is a location issue.   

I don't have the "My Numbers" app on my phone.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all of your efforts in troubleshooting so far, Hunt_trex. I look forward to hearing about your results after your travel this weekend, and want to ensure this issue is resolved. It is certainly a concern that this issue seems to follow you everywhere, and I wanted to gather some additional details. Do you know if any other Verizon users or devices in the area are getting the same error message? Can you share the nearest cross streets there in Huntsville where you experience this issue the most?

Joseph_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jkoozie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same issue and have had it since I switched to Verizon from T-Mobile. I did not have this issue with the phone at T-Mobile. I will also add that the person I attempt to call will get a missed call notification. The issue is not location specific. I have experienced this issue in multiple cities in multiple states.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that you also experience this issue (as per the original post: when I try to make a phone call I get a message server error. Try again later), jkoozie. I am committed to assist you as much as possible and resolve this issue for you. I need to confirm some information in order to assist you.

Please confirm your phone model. You indicate that you did not have this issue with the phone at T-Mobile. Is your phone a Verizon Wireless device?
Do you get this error with specific contacts?

Antonio_VZW

0 Likes
jkoozie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have the Pixel 2XL. I bought it refurbished from Best Buy. The issue occurs with all numbers, regardless of whether it is in my contacts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, jkoozie. Does it happen on all the calls? 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
Rickard840

Hello I'm having the same issue with my pixle 2 xl. It is not allowing any outgoing calls. I can receive calls fine. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rickard840, I would be lost if I was unable to make calls. I am here to help and we will get to the bottom of this. When did this start? What changes were made to your phone before this started (software update, a new app, etc)? What happens when you use your other services (texts and data)?   SantoC_VZW

0 Likes