Re: Server Error. Try again later
jshay
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi All. I am experiencing the same issue. I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon this morning. My phone is an unlocked Google Pixel 2 XL. Upon switching sim cards, and not changing any other settings, my phone can receive data (play music, internet browse, etc), send and receive text messages, and can receive calls, but cannot make outgoing calls. For all outgoing calls, I see the message "Server error. Try again later." This can be worked around by going to the mobile network settings, then under "Advanced" turning off the setting for "Advanced Calling". With this setting disabled, I can make outgoing calls. But I lose internet access. The LTE symbol disappears while outgoing calls are active and reappears once the call is ended. I would like to figure out why this is occurring and what can be fixed to enable VoLTE.

I saw in another forum advice to dial *#*#4636#*#* and to turn on the "VoLTE Provisioned" but mine is already on.

0 Likes
ac3hilm

I have the same problem with my Google pixel 2 xl. It worked on my other service, and when I switched to Verizon, this happened...

0 Likes
ac3hilm

I have searched online and tried turning off the advanced calling and it didn't help. My Google pixel 2xl works fine. My wife's, it's the one with the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ac3hilm, we understand your concern. Outgoing calls is the only issue?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
connercl

I am experiencing the same exact problem as Hunt_trex, jkoozie, Rickard840, jshay, and ac3hilm. I switched from another carrier to Verizon 4 days ago, have tried all of the suggested trouble-shooting I could find on exisitng forums, and am still not able to make out-going calls with Advanced Calling (or VoLTE ) enabled. This is really disappointing as one of the primary reasons I switched to verizon was to have better call quality. I will be opening an official ticket with Tech support in an effort to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

0 Likes
jshay
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi All,

The issue on my Pixel 2 XL was resolved by 1) disabling and reenabling HD Voice in the Verizon website account settings and/or 2) removing my Verizon sim card, rebooting, inserting my old deactivated TMobile sim card, rebooting and swapping out for the Verizon sim card again. I did both of those actions and not sure which triggered the resolution, perhaps both. I now have simultaneous voice and data.

Best of luck!

aimboat
Enthusiast - Level 1

THanks JShay, this worked for me (the reinserting my old card and then putting the Verizon one back in).  Appreciate it!

0 Likes
jcravey

New customer, same issue as above. Pixel 2xl, server error when I attempt to dial. Have tried all "fixes" in this thread with no luck...

Anyone ever figure this out? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of being able to rely on a new service, jcravey. I apologize as we want to start off onthe right foot. I will send a Private Message and we can take a closer look at the network records.

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
harveymom0006

I too am having the same problem if the advanced calling feature is turned on i can not make outgoing calls my daughter and i both have google pixel 2 XL's if we turn this feature off we can once again make the outgoing calls. This feature is new to the latest system update to android version 10. prior to this version of android this feature didnt come with the phone. I have spoken twice to verizon support and have gotten no fix. will this be corrected soon? I just switched from Tmobile yesterday. 

0 Likes