Temporary background processing
KWROADHOUSE

I just bought 2 of the pixel 2 XL and my message  keeps doing a temporary background processing only on one so don't think it's suppose to happen? Anyone having same issues and if so how do I fix it

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Temporary background processing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KWROADHOUSE, congratulations on the new Google Pixels XL 2. Help is here as we want you to enjoy these amazing devices with no issues. Let's work together to ensure this happens. Has there been any new applications added since this began? Let's have you attempt to reset the actual application. Click here for the steps and keep us posted. http://spr.ly/6580DnT9s

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KWROADHOUSE, that's not the experience we want you to have with your new Pixel 2XL. Let's work together to resolve your concern. Please tell me, which message platform are you using (Verizon Message+, a downloaded messaging app, etc)? What is the error message, on your device?

VanetrisC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KEVHOL52

Same problem on two Motoroloa phones.  Started 2-3 weeks ago on one, just a couple of days on the other. No new apps on the 2nd one.  Might have been a new app on the older one.    Message+ version 6.6.7 on Android 8.0.0.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my messages to work properly at all times and definitely don't want you to experience any issues, KEVHOL52. Let's take a closer look into what's going on. How often do you see this when in your messages? Does this show on a certain message thread or in your full inbox? What is the make and model of your phone? 

Danielle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KEVHOL52,

We understand how important it is to be able to use your devices error free. What changes were made to your Motorola devices right before the errors began? Are all apps and your software up to date?

Kati_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KEVHOL52

All apps & system software updated.  No obvious changes to either phone (except for updating apps) before this started happening.

Notification of "background processing" goes away at reboot and returns after receiving the first text.

Does not interfere with the basic functions of sending and receiving messages, it's just annoying.  I either check for new messages when there aren't actually any, or don't see them for a while because I think the notification is just this useless "background processing" message.

The notification is in the notification bar at the top of the phone screen when the messaging app is closed. It is not obviously related  to a specific message thread.

Both phones are "Moto Z Play Droid"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kevhol52, you have supplied us with some great information. Let’s keep working together.Can you please let us know if you currently have Verizon messages + synced to multiple device? Also, have you tried to reset the application? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206439/ 

Takendra_VZW

0 Likes
KEVHOL52

No other devices synced to Verizon messages+.

Both phones have stopped showing the "background processing" message. I do not know why.

0 Likes