Unable to call 1-800 or 1-877 numbers
Verizon_sk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Google 6 pro unable to call 1-800 or 1-877 numbers. My connection is spotty so when someone calls from 1800 it goes straight to voicemail. It is annoying I cannot do any communication with 1800 numbers

Labels (1)
Re: Unable to call 1-800 or 1-877 numbers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon_sk, we apologize for the issues you are having when you make a call to an 800 or 877 number. We will be pleased to help you resolve this issue. When did the issue begin?

Is your software up to date? Pixel 6 Pro - View software. https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-240149/

-Jacob

VCustomerloyalty
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon seems to be totally ineffective in answering peoples questions about the inability of some to dial 800 prefix numbers from their phones.  After having my device evaluated by the carrier, and all bills paid and no sim card needed and no call filters in place, just today I have been unable to dial any 800 numbers.  I cannot even reach Verizon.  I had to use a landline to call and the technician has to text the actual tech services people and we had to volley back and forth getting messages from tech services that its the phone, its a setting (they never mention which setting it could possibly be in this case) and Oh, yes, it has to be your garage door to your house causing the issues.  Oh, yes and finally, when they cannot find an issue with you, your bills or your device it just has to be because you have outdated software.  I have an up to date phone, laptop, and a iPhone 12 Max with an active and properly working SIM CARD.  I have already taken the phone to Apple (physically) and had a local Verizon tech look at it so I am stating now: It is a net work problem Verizon (by the way, there are no known outages in the area).  Handle that one.  It is something with Verizon and i will expect compensation for the time that this problem persists.  You are not the cheapest service in town and I expect more.  You love to send texts and emails because its just too expensive to have a person contact customers.  You don't have any problem charging out the A** for your service but when it comes to us individually, we the customers, are just numbers.  We do not matter and your actions speak much louder than your words in texts.  Customers, whenever you have a problem, see just how hard it is to get a live person from this company!  Its almost impossible but they will process your payment yesterday and without a hitch!  Trust that!

keenkong
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem on my phone and I have no idea what the issue could be. Sounds like it's completely on Verizon's side. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Keenkong. Thank you for making us aware of this issue. Have you perhaps chosen settings that automatically ignore calls from unknown contacts or contacts that have not been saved in the device? If not, please feel free to send us a Private Note, so we can look into this further.
*Celeste

0 Likes
natewyne

Has this issue been resolved.  I can't call Verizon, AAA, or AMEX by their 1-800 or 1-877 numbers.  Please advise as this is very challenging for me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us. We know you rely on your service to keep you connected, and it should be working perfectly for you. We will make sure that it is. When did this start? What ZIP code are you in? Thanks in advance.

-Rosie

0 Likes
kane44
Enthusiast - Level 1

One of my lines can call 1-800 numbers but the other cannot. Verizon needs to figure out why this is going on.

efronhollis

Same problem.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to be able to call all toll free numbers! I'd like to take a closer look into this for you. Tell me, what is the make and model of the phone that can't make these calls? What recording is heard when they try, and when did it begin? Please let me know, thanks!

-Jordan

0 Likes