Re: Unable to call 1-800 or 1-877 numbers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It can be a real hassle if you are unable to call 800- or 877- numbers, efronhollis. We will do all we can to help. When did this become an issue? Were there any recent software updates to the device or its apps? Is the user of the phone that cannot make the calls currently outside the US?

-George

0 Likes
mishuggina

I am having this issue as well on both my phone and my wife's phone today.  No 800 or 877 number will work as I get a message from Verizon that my call cannot be completed as dialed.  Any non toll free number works fine.

0 Likes
MindyKnuffman

Jordan ~ I am having this same problem.  I have an IPhone 8.  I'm not sure when exactly it began as I don't normally call 855#s.  I first started yesterday and it just immediately goes to a User Busy with the busy signal.  My husband does not have the same problem.  This is about an insurance claim so I need to be able to contact the claims office ASAP.  Please feel free to reach out to me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, MindyKnuffman. We want you to be able to call any number from your Verizon Wireless phone (including 855 numbers) and we want you to have an excellent experience with your phone.

Were you able to call 855 numbers before?

What is your phone model?

Please add +1 before the 855 number (+1-855-number) when you call and see if that works. keep us posted.

-Antonio

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, mishuggina. We want to ensure you receive the help you need to resolve this issue. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further.

*Cassie

0 Likes
edangca0322

Same issues. As of today, I can't call 1-800 number.

0 Likes
kauaiguy808

Now affecting my phone also, very aggravating.  Any toll-free number dialed, whether it be 1-800 or 1-866, instantly goes to a recording - "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, your call cannot be completed as dialed.  Please check the number and dial again.  Announcement 4."  Yes, everything is triple-checked and it happens with every single toll-free number.  The other people on my family plan have no issues with this at all, and I have not changed any settings on my phone (iPhone 13 Pro).  I have several service calls I make each day, and now have to borrow other people's phones to make the calls.  Help!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my gosh, kauaiguy - that's not right!! Does your phone have the most recent operating system installed on it, and do you know when this started happening to you? Please send us a Private Note to continue, okay? *Stephannie

0 Likes
Jao60

I had same issue.  Tried several things.  Finally turned phone off, popped out SIM card holder w/SIM card and then put it back in.  Turned phone back on and am able to dial 800#'s.  Hope this works for you as well.

0 Likes
rifasaurous
Enthusiast - Level 1

I talked to Verizon Wireless via chat, and they suggested calling the number without the 1 up front, and amazingly this is actually working for me!