Unable to recieve texts while phone is off.
Zach_the_Cat

I had this issue for a while and even reached out for help before but it still has yet to be resolved.

I am able to recieve texts while my phone is on but if I turn it off then they're dropped completely.

I never recieve any texts sent to me while my phone was off. Even when I turn it back on. I use the normal messages app that came with the phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to recieve texts while phone is off.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Zach_the_Cat

It's great to know that you are able to receive texts normally, but is there a specific reason that you are turning your phone off so frequently? With current phones and how long their batteries last, it's normally recommended to keep the phone powered on whenever possible. You will not be able to receive texts or any other communications on a powered-off device because that device is not connecting to the network to receive those things, and it would be normal and expected to have any undelivered texts arrive after you power on the phone and it connects to the network again. 

0 Likes
Zach_the_Cat

I turn it off whenever I go to work and store it away in my locker since I'm not using it.

The problem is that any undelivered messages will not arrive when I turn the phone back on, they just never show up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zach_the_Cat, we are here for you to help make sure that you can get the help you need! So we can look into this, please send us a Private Note! 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
Zach_the_Cat

I don't see a way to do that on here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zach_the_Cat, sorry about that. We have sent you a Private Note. Please respond and we can proceed from there. 

0 Likes