Upgrading to a Pixel 6 Pro is a nightmare
sdfdsfdsfsgrrewwERFDF

I've spent way  too much time over the past two days trying to upgrade two phones on my account to Pixel 6 Pros. What should be a 10 minute process has taken several hours, 4 chats with reps, and I'm still at zero. Verizon needs to get their website sorted out ASAP. Even the reps on chat don't seem to understand what's going on.

The "existing line" options for upgrade to the Pixel 6 Pro include credit for existing phones. After entering the manufacturer and model of phones being traded, the system indicated that they would each be worth $350 in credit towards the new phones.

Later in the process, the system asked the same question to "verify" my trades. Using the EXACT SAME condition (good), manufacturer, and  model info, the system suddenly changed the value to $100 each -- a $500 total drop in value with no explanation. 

On top of the above, I added some accessories, and all accessories I chose were eligible for a 30% discount if you chose 3 or more. The system changed it's mind again on this, and one of the accessories (a charging stand) was declared ineligible even though it was clearly indicated as eligible for the discount before I added it to the cart.

I've been a Verizon customer for 15 years. I'm nearing the end of my patience and loyalty with this company.

tl/dr; what a mess, and you're fired, Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrading to a Pixel 6 Pro is a nightmare
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sdfdsfdsfsgrrewwERFDF, 

We always want for you to get the promotion you deserve. Allow us to apologize if you came across issues with our website and placing your order. You may always contact our Internet Orders team directly so they can make sure your order gets placed correctly. They can be reached at: 866-338-7390. Their hours of operation are: Mon-Fri 5:00am-7:00pm PT and Sat 5:00am-2:00pm PT.

-Christine

0 Likes
sdfdsfdsfsgrrewwERFDF

Update, and it's a good one. After several hours of dealing with website issues and obscure requirements (e.g. you have to have a certain unlimited plan for this deal, but we're not going to tell you which one!), I finally got a couple of phones ordered.

Fast forward to today when I received the order and only one phone was in the shipping box, AND the invoice in the box doesn't mention the other phone. I told Verizon this on chat twice and once during a long phone call, but no dice -- they want 72 hours to "investigate" before they'll even consider sending me the phone I'm now paying for. This is an upgrade from their original response that told me to call the shipping company and argue with them about what wasn't in the box. 

As I said in my first post -- I'm a 15-year customer. Way to treat us loyal customers, Verizon! I should've gone with my gut on this one and switched when I had the chance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there! We're terribly sorry about the trouble with the device. We'd love to clarify this situation for you. Please reply to our private note to better assist you. 

~Aaron

0 Likes