Re: Verizon Delaying Shipment by a month? Pixel XL
jhnstn00
Enthusiast - Level 1

My work ordered Black 128 on October 19 with ship Nov 18th. I don't know if it shipped. Cross fingers. If it doesn't then I'll know what to expect. Thanks for the update.

0 Likes
vdastoli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm on my pixel now. Ordered it online through Verizon during pre order and received it the day before global release date.

My cousin also works at Verizon and they are in stock in the store I'm pretty sure.

Have you tried ordering from Google? Is their a backorder from them?

Ps it's worth the wait this thing is incredible. Just saying.

And my daydream headset is on its way. All three for the three pixels on my account.

0 Likes
ROGJAC74

I placed my Pixel XL 128gb order on 10/21. I understood there would be a delay because the phone was out of stock. So waiting till 11/18 wasn't that big of a deal. All day yesterday I was told by verizon reps that my phone had shipped. The website would update soon to show that and I would receive an email with shipping info soon. Well this morning magically my shipping date is 12/26. No notice from verizon, the rep I'm talking to now basically said sorry we didn't get enough phones to fill your order. And there isn't much we can do except make you wait. They have a manager looking into this issue for me. Hope others have better luck. I just want my new phone please.

0 Likes
JERSCH76
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ordered through Verizon on 10/18, estimated ship of 11/18. Still no movement so I chatted with Verizon last night. Was told he was going to work with internet order department and get my phone delivered TODAY. I though "WOW! That is amazing. Thanks so much for your help."

I woke up this morning, still no confirmation or email or text of any kind. But my order status online now says 12/26.shipping

I am soooo livid. I can not believe how they are treating us. And it may be Googles fault because Google is  shipping out the same modle to Google store and Fi purchasers.

jhnstn00
Enthusiast - Level 1

The phone and online support is just like with Huawei last year. No one really knows the real ship date. They don't know more than we do since they are likely looking at a computer monitor that has the same data we look at. With huawei the support was outsourced so they really knew nothing. Then shipping with them depended on what phones were shipped to the region. If they happen to ship the Nexus 6P 64gb silver to South distribution center and their region had orders, then those shipped even if an order from the east was placed weeks before. Thus causing the rule "first in first ou" to go out the window.

Basically logistics of distribution on a grand scale is an issue that Google is not good at. That's the root cause for the disparity in first in first out. As far as why there is a shortage in the first place, Google doesn't have a handle on supply chain and Manufacturing with HTC for this years demand. Not even last years demand was handled well with the Nexus.  Again Hardware distribution is something Google Needs to focus on. Making a good product with lots of marketing isn't enough. You have to deliver it or some users will go elsewhere.

Despite supply chain issues, carrier issues, carrier support's lack of meaningful data, I'd rather wait for the phone than settle with another device.

Having said that, I hate waiting. VERIZON! Ship my phone!

0 Likes
RETROX2004

Pre ordered pixel xl oct. 19, Verizon ship date Nov 18......talked to Verizon yesterday said it was shipping today. Today the ship date status says Dec 26.....[Removed] verizon, about ready to leave verizon

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
GrumpyWarner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ordered on 10/18/16, expected ship date of 11/18/16. Ok, one month not too bad. 11/18 comes and goes and date is changed to 12/26/16. FML. Stuck with this Note 3 til 2017 now...

0 Likes
prplrush
Enthusiast - Level 2

had the same thing happen, in the mean time the rep on the phone said there's no problem with me using the note7 until the pixel gets shipped.....asked her three times....she said yes, absolutely no problem with it......Verizon needs to get their stories straight lol

0 Likes
LUEOVE3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had an original delivery by date of 11/11.  That changed to ship by 11/18 then 11/26, now no status at all.  It's hard to understand, this is basic supply chain management.  They know when the orders were placed and (hopefully) they know when phones are arriving so it should be a simple task to assign those to pre-orders.  Somewhat ridiculous that every rep has a different response.

Why no response from a Verizon rep on this thread?  They seem to respond to every other thread, no matter how small the concern, but this one, nothing

0 Likes
PADDY401
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, ordered 10/20, ship date 11/18, now ship date is 12/26.  I have to use my limited Note 7 until then.  Note 7 users should have been moved to top of the list for all the problems we had.

Poor customer service on Verizon.  No explanations except "I understand your frustration" when you call. 

I don't believe it for minute.  Frustrated with VZW after 20 years. Stan