Verizon not honoring promotions
bhunter481
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for 5+ years and finally decided to upgrade from my old Google Pixel to the new Pixel 6 Pro.  On Black Friday, they were offering different promotions and I was told that to upgrade mine and my wifes phones and switch to the unlimited plan that our bill would be $148.33.  We immediately jumped at this offer, but in hindsight, I should have realized this was probably to good to be true.  After numerous calls and online chats confirming this would be the price I would pay, even after seeing the first bill and being told of processing time for our returned phones, our bill is now consistently almost $100 more than what we were told it would be.   Reading through some of the comments here, it seems odd that there are so many issues with these promotions.  Dare I say, Verizon is baiting and switching terms on their customers??  Continued calls to customer support are yielding no results and supervisors apparently can review prior communications or calls to see/hear what was said so that can be honored.  Signed, one angry and soon to be former Verizon customer. 

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon not honoring promotions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the frustration and negative experience you had in trying to get a promotion you sought out to get help with, bhunter481. Let me get more details to find out more details. Did you process a trade-in to get the promotion? If so, do you have the Trade-in Submission id?  -Ed

0 Likes
bhunter481
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes.  Submission IDs are **** and ****

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bhunter481, to help review your trade-in promotions and make any corrections we've sent you a private message to further assist. Thank you.

- Alan

0 Likes
riparke

Had a similar experience, 250 sign up promotion, told agent on phone that's what I wanted, the plan he chose was not in the promotion so I was out of luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

riparke, this is never the experience that we want any of our customers to have. To ensure we're on the same page, can you tell me if you were offered the ability to switch back to an eligible data plan that would allow you to take part in the promotion at that particular time? When did you originally purchase your device with the anticipated promotional offer? -Kevin

0 Likes
Addles84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for 20+ years, but customer service has been so rock bottom awful this week that I am tempted to take up T-Mobile on their free iPhone offer!

I am on a 55+ Loyalty Plan.  It is a pretty sweet deal.  So sweet that Verizon discontinued it.  While I am grandfathered on, every promotion I get offered seems geared to getting me beyond this plan.

On January 11, I was offered a promotion "online only."  It was for $700 off an iPhone 13 pro, trading in my iPhone X.  I tried to sign up online, but the promotion was not programmed correctly for someone on the 55+ plan - even though it appeared to be an unadvertised promotion targeted specifically to me.  So, I called a sales rep.  The first thing we discussed was wanting NOT to lose the 55+ plan.  She agreed to explore options.  An hour later, I was promised I could get the $700 off without losing my loyalty plan.  The "solution" appeared to be having my loyalty discount applied to a new plan - so instead of $30 per line it would be $35 with a $5 discount.  This seemed fine, but while we were still on the phone, I got an email confirming $400.  The rep explained that this was because I had not yet sent in my trade in - and showed me online that the monthly trade in credits multiplied by 24 months would indeed add up to $700, not $400.

Two days later, I received an email that my order had been canceled - because I had not picked up my phone.  I called Verizon, only to be bounced around to 5 different people, sucking over another hour out of my life.  The fifth person allowed me to explain that I did not pick up the phone because it was on back order, but then said that the cancellation was because the promotion did not allow for "pick up in store" as an option on a backordered phone.  I pointed out that the pick up in store option had been available online (not that I could use it since other issues blocked my online purchase!), and that the call center rep successfully ordered it for pick up in store - but the rep insisted this was "incorrect."

The rep eventually agreed to restore my order, although I had to agree to accept a home shipment instead of a store pickup.  However, they insisted they could find "no evidence" of a $700 promotion - current or past.  Jeez.  After wearing me down, I agreed to let them send me the phone - and pull the call recording from the January 11 call, in order to prove everything I explained to them.  I asked them to promise to get back to me in a reasonable amount of time, and figured that since the phone was on backorder until early February, they could straighten out the mess before I got my phone.

Instead, the phone showed up weeks early.  So I scheduled for Verizon to call me now - to avoid the insanely long wait times.  This morning, someone called right on schedule.  I gave her a brief synopsis, explaining that nobody had gotten back to me - and that I had ended my January 14 call because Verizon seemed to need to do a lot of "investigation" - that I wanted them to do on their time, not mine.  I asked her to promise not to take up more than 15 minutes of my time today, and she indicated she could not do that.  Nevertheless, I got baited into the call - thinking it would still be my best course of action.  About an hour (yes an hour!) into the call, I told the rep I did not appreciate her telling me about what previous reps had done wrong - that the only thing that was RELEVANT was for her to get someone to pull the January 11 call recording - which represented a verbal contract that I intend to hold Verizon to.  I asked her to please not make this my problem figuring out how to get this done, and to please stop wasting my time.  She kept going in circles, until finally I asked for a supervisor.  Trying to get a supervisor consumed more time, until I asked her to have a supervisor call me between 3-4pm today.  She agreed.  It did not happen!

I am hoping someone at @vzw_customer_support vzw_customer_support will see this message - and see if they can help me straighten out the mess - without sucking more time out of my life.

Otherwise, I think I may ship back my Verizon iPhone, which is still unopened in the box they shipped it in, and take the T-Mobile offer!

EmilyT1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes! I traded in my XR last may for a 12 and have confirmation emails and numbers from Verizon that they would give me $700 for my old phone. It’s currently February and 4+ phone calls, notes added, and promotion review requests later and I’ve almost halfway paid off a phone that should have been 2 dollars a month! Leaving Verizon as fast as I can. 

riparke

Had to wait 3 months for response not eligible, not offered any thing. If another carrier has signal in my area I would jump in a minute.

0 Likes
riparke

found email dated 3/27/20

Submission Status

Hi RICHARD PARKER,

We've reviewed your submission with tracking number 915005722 for the Bring your 4G or 5G Smartphone, get $250 offer.

We're having trouble processing your rebate. For more details and resubmission instructions, please go to Check My Status or Contact Us if you have any questions.

Thanks for choosing Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes