Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon ripped off customer of 24 years.
curriea2

I went into a verizon corporate store for the $800 trade in promotion.  I was told I was eligible to get a Pixel 6, Samsung 22, or Iphone 13.  I was told my bill would go up only 15 dollars for the upgraded lines for my son and my new phones.  When asked to sign the agreement it said my trade in was only $400. I questioned it and was told oh let me fix it I have to add the promotion.  She typed in something on her ipad and then said okay it is fixed you can sign here now and printed me a new return trade in label. When I questioned the new bill amount it was much higher I was told it would take two cycles to process our trade in.  I sent old phones in.  I then noticed when my new phone was mailed to me my receipt again only showed a $400 credit. I called verizon and was told nothing the could do my phone wasn't eligible for the promotion.  I was lied to, mislead, and even after questioning lied to by crooked salesperson.  I will be switching all my lines to ATT.  Every time I do trade in or upgrade I have issues with verizon. It is never what I am quoted.  I'm sick of the deceitful sales practices.  I am told there is no way to get my old trade in back and if I return my new phone I lose the promotion all together.  Verizon has turned into a company that prides itself on ripping loyal customers off.  I have been with the 24 years and this is the way I was treated.  There solution was to drive 2 hours back to the store that ripped me off.  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon ripped off customer of 24 years.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is far from the experience we want for you, and we're truly so very sorry to learn of this ordeal, curriea2. We understand the need for clarity in communication, especially when it comes to your new devices and billing expectations. Please know that your 24-year loyalty means the world to us, and we would love to take a closer look at your account right away. Our priority is to help find a lasting solution to your trade-in promotion concerns. To better assist, we'll be sending you a Private Note.

~Izzy

0 Likes