Video playback issues
rbowermaster44

My phone will not play some video. The most common issue is on CNN.com. Videos only play to the 19 second mark, every time no matter the video. Other sites work fine usually. I've cleared my cache, cleared my history, rebooted my phone. I'm using the Chrome browser, Pixel XL. It hasn't always done this and is a fairly recent issue, but it is consistent. Nothing on CNN.com plays past 19 seconds, even on WiFi. Suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Video playback issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those were excellent ideas to try first, rbowermaster44. This is really odd behavior for such a great phone though. When the video stops playing, what happens? Since CNN also offers a mobile application found at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cnn.mobile.android.phone&hl=en for their news and videos, have you tried to install their application and see if the same video can be played through the CNN app?

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rbowermaster44

It seems to be better now, thanks. While it does pause briefly at 19 seconds, it continues after a second. When it did stop, it just stopped and acted like it was loading- the circular arrow came up like it was loading. Now it does that but only for a moment. Personally I'm not a fan of the CNN app and candidly, don't feel I should have to have the app for every website I like to visit, ESPN included. Some of these apps are just terrible, particularly how they handle alerts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m glad to hear that it’s working better for you, rbowermaster44.  I currently have the Pixel and I was able to watch past 19 seconds on the video.  Just out of curiosity, have you tried a different browser like Opera, Dolphin or Firefox to see if it occurs on those also?  I do recommend also checking to see if all of your apps are up to date on your device.

AdamB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes