Visual Voicemail won't activate on refurbished Pixel2
gbdalrymple858

I had visual voicemail on a Pixel2 that died.  Now I can't re-activate it on the replacement phone Google sent me.  I get the standard message in the empty visual voicemail box that it takes time to activate and to call *86 to retrieve messages which works but is cumbersome and time consuming.  It's been like this for a week.

I went through the trouble shooting guides on line:  Cleared the app cache and memory a couple times, uninstalled and reinstalled the phone app, restarted the phone, updated the phone operating system.  It still does not activate...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bruce

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Visual Voicemail won't activate on refurbished Pixel2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gbdalrymple858,

It is essential to make sure you have access to your voicemails at all times. We know how frustrating it can be to have to call to check your voicemail vs just clicking the Visual Voicemail app. We appreciate all of the steps you have tried to remedy this situation on your own as it shows you were trying all of the right things. We will keep working on getting this up and running for you so that you can get back to using your voicemail like previously. I would like to have you check to make sure Visual Voicemail is turned on currently on your phone. Can you please follow the steps in this link here http://spr.ly/6589ERt5f to double check this setting.

Candice_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gbdalrymple858

Yes, Visual Voicemail is turned on (has been) and under it it says “activating voicemail”

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your first post mentions that Google sent the device, so let’s explore this angle. What is the Android Version, Baseband version, and Build number that you see when following these steps?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215091/

David_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gbdalrymple858

Android Version 9

Baseband g8998-00253-1809191716

Build PQ1A.181205.002

Bruce [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you looking, and I was hoping you'd see Build PQ2A.190205.002 .

As a result I sent a Private Message to your inbox. This way we are able to further investigate this Visual Voicemail issue. 

David_VZW

0 Likes
Nazemgoff

I have the same issue. Has anyone found a solution?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Voicemail is critical to keeping us connected Nazemgoff. I am so sorry for the issue you are having with your Visual Voicemail. Don't worry, we will get your voicemail up and running. First, can you please turn off Wi-Fi, and try to browse the internet or use an app? Please keep us posted.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
PixelDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same issue on the same device, Pixel 2 XL. A sim swap at the VZ store today seemed to have solved the issue, but it's now back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey PixelDude, 

I know how important it is to utilize the Visual Voicemail feature. I'm sorry to learn that the issue has returned, and I'm eager to help you with a resolution. Tell me, how is your signal? Is your Background Data setting on or off? It should be on. You can check it here: http://spr.ly/6603EmUtV Please let me know how that goes, thanks very much.   

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes