Voicemail not working with pixel
llenalj

I setup.my voicemail account with my pixel when I first received it. However, I just now noticed that I am unable to retrieve my voicemails. I had the basic voicemail setup and when I call; it'll state I have 0 voicemails. I know this is not true because I've asked friends to call my phone in order to leave a voicemail. I thought it was a glitch so I purchased the premium voicemail package and I was able to receive the welcome message. But I cannot retrieve any of my older ones. I am not quite sure what to do.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail not working with pixel
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You said "when I call" - on my Pixel I don't call in to Voicemail, I use the visual voicemail (free version).  Tap the phone icon as if you were going to make a call, then go to the Voicemail icon. (Starred contacts, then recent calls, then contacts, then voicemail across the top of the main screen) What happens then?  Can you see messages?  Listen to them?

0 Likes
llenalj

Nothing. I do not see a notification. I even call *86 and it tells me I have no new messages.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

So, someone calls you, they leave a voice message (do they get a generic greeting, or one you have recorded during voicemail setup?).  Are you connected to the cellular network when you try to retrieve the message? 

0 Likes
llenalj

I have the generic greeting and I am connected to the cellular network when I retrieve the message. I am not 100% sure what is going on but I have called my own voicemail from a different phone but it never appeared on my phone. It's kinda annoying especially since I know people are leaving voicemails but I cannot retrieve them.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you verified the notification for the voicemail in the voicemail preferences?

When you call your number from another phone, have you left a message for testing purposes?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes