VzW Pixel 6 Pro has problems with network connectivity
b1uebird
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Pixel 6 Pro constantly drops network connectivity and fails to connect to the available wifi network in my home even when wifi calling is turned on and set as the preferred method of making and receiving phone calls.  Reboot is required. I'm not alone either.  This issue is occurring with this phone worldwide and with many different carriers according to google's own user forums.  It is a nice camera but it is terrible as a phone.  The antenna on this phone is also weaker than the one in my pixel 3axl and my pixel 4a.

Anyone else with this issue?

Any help here from VzW?  I would like to exchange this phone.

Labels (1)
Re: VzW Pixel 6 Pro has problems with network connectivity
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

b1uebird, 

Good morning! We're sad to hear that you having a connectivity issue on that device. That's definitely not the experience that we want you to have. Has anything different recently happened to your phone? For example, did you update the software or download a new application to it? Have you powered the phone off and on since this issue started happening? 

-Lasina

0 Likes
Rocket88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having the same problem with the unlocked Pixel 6 Pro I bought from the Google store.  After I received it, I took it to the local Verizon store for service activation. The store rep moved the 4G sim card over from my old Kyocera Duraforce phone, and everything seemed to work fine in the store.  After a week of randomly missed calls and texts, sporadic inability to connect to a network (both wifi and Verizon), and spotty loss of service, I took it back to the store that had set up the service.  A DIFFERENT tech rep checked things out, and determined that the problem was the old 4g sim card in the new 5g phone.  He replaced it with a new 5g sim card, and another week later, all my connectivity issues have gone away.  Not being tech-savvy myself, I don't know if this makes absolute technical sense, but in the real word, it worked, and I'm happy now. 

Stephf84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same issues. I'm so frustrated with it!  My last two Pixels were great.  I don't know if this is a Verizon problem or a Pixel problem. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to know about this situation, we want to make sure this is properly resolved, when did you start to experience this issue? Does this happen everywhere? ~Pam

0 Likes
gspitman
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have had connectivity issues with the Pixel 6 since the purchase.

We patiently waited for the "December" update from Google that came out mid January, but that hasn't seemed to help at all.

A number of full reboots have not helped. Is this an issue with the device that may need replacing?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there! That's a great concern. We don't have any known issues about the device. We'd love to help you resolve this situation with the signal. Please reply to our private message. We'll be standing by. ~Aaron

0 Likes
b1uebird
Enthusiast - Level 3

As an experiment, since my 6 pro was having such terrible network connectivity issues, I reactivated my old pixel 3AXL using the Verizon 5G SIM card out of the 6 pro. That phone is doing beautifully under all the same circumstances that the 6 pro was losing connectivity.  Full disclosure, I live in a VzW extended area and Verizon's traffic is carried by US Cellular. I took my Pixel 6 pro to US Cellular and activated it on their network using a prepaid plan. The 6 pro has been working beautifully using US cellular. My pixel 3AXL with the Verizon wireless SIM out of my 6 pro is also working great just as it did when I used it as my primary phone a couple of years ago with Verizon wireless as the provider.  I'm not sure why the 6 pro would work with a US Cellular SIM better than a Verizon SIM considering Verizon's traffic is carried on US. Cellular's network in my area. Makes no sense whatsoever. I haven't had issues with Verizon Wireless as my provider in the 20 years we've been in this area, even though it is an extended or roam area for Verizon wireless.  Even if the 6 Pro's antenna is weaker than the 3AXL's antenna, the fact that Verizon's traffic is carried on US cellular's network I would think phone connectivity should be very similar on either network??? It's very frustrating that an expensive phone like this isn't working for me. The phone itself is great for everything except making phone calls.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that you are having issues with your phone's connectivity concerns us.  As phone users ourselves, this would bother us too.  Please allow us the opportunity to look into this matter to seek an improvement of your issue.  Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can discuss? 

*Lisa

0 Likes
Jsemy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem too. I switched back to a Google phone from Samsung and now can't get the service I use to with my old Pixel 3. I'm so disappointed my Pixel Pro 6 is having these problems and makes me regret getting this phone