When??? Oreo update to Pixel
desertdude

It has been FOUR days since Oreo was released by Google.

When will Verizon feed the Oreo cookie to my Pixel??? It hungers for the treat!

I don't believe that Verizon reads these posts!

It took three days to release the August 5th security update!  So much for the promise of releasing updates on the same schedule as Google!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: When??? Oreo update to Pixel
sdbroker
Enthusiast - Level 2

To force Android Oreo, just google Oreo Beta.  I think it is AndroidCentral that has a link to the Google Beta site.  Enroll your phone, then go to your Pixel and go to Setting>About Phone>System Updates.  Check for update and the download will begin.  That's all there is to it.

0 Likes
Prsparty

Anything yet? Nothing here

0 Likes
Vinmor

I've got the ota version today 8/29

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The support docs were updated today (8/29/2017).

http://www.droid-life.com/2017/08/29/verizon-pixel-android-oreo-update/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concerns with wanting to keep your devices up to date with the most current software. You can use this link to see what the current update is on every device we offer: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ . It will provide you with the release date, the software version and updated materials that come with the release.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

desertdude wrote:

It has been FOUR days since Oreo was released by Google.

When will Verizon feed the Oreo cookie to my Pixel??? It hungers for the treat!

I don't believe that Verizon reads these posts!

It took three days to release the August 5th security update! So much for the promise of releasing updates on the same schedule as Google!

It took 10 days for the August security update to reach my phone. Was I upset or worried, no I wasn't.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LLOKEN33

It seems some pixel users have received latest update and some haven't including me. Why? When? Just being left hanging really sucks. Google advised that the update could help with my back up issues.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried manually checking for the update?

0 Likes