Where is OPM2.171019.029.B1 for the Google Pixel 2 line ?
LordG33K
Enthusiast - Level 3

On your Device Software Updates Support site .. for the Google line of phones - specifically for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL .. you show that they have the May 2018 Security patch (for mine - the Pixel 2 XL - OPM2.171019.029.B1) posted as of 05/07/2018.

Google Pixel 2 XL Software Update | Verizon Wireless

Where can we obtain this update ?

OTA is not pulling it down and Googles "Factory Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices" under "Taimen" and "Walleye" does not even list this update !!

Factory Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices  |  Google APIs for Android  |  Google Developers

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Where is OPM2.171019.029.B1 for the Google Pixel 2 line ?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The May security updates were just announced today! It is great that VZW has already updated their website to reflect it. You can certainly manually check for the update through the phone settings, but don't be surprised or worried if the phone doesn't find it yet. The first day of update release is usually a smaller batch of devices to verify the update installs smoothly and no bricking of devices occurs. Once the initial phase is complete, the update will start rolling out to everyone and can take a few weeks to fully complete. For example, I usually see these updates around the 15th of the month after the release date.

Patience is a virtue.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google releases May 2018 OTA and system image files, publishes security bulletin

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

LordG33K wrote:

On your Device Software Updates Support site .. for the Google line of phones - specifically for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL .. you show that they have the May 2018 Security patch (for mine - the Pixel 2 XL - OPM2.171019.029.B1) posted as of 05/07/2018.

Google Pixel 2 XL Software Update | Verizon Wireless

Where can we obtain this update ?

OTA is not pulling it down and Googles "Factory Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices" under "Taimen" and "Walleye" does not even list this update !!

Factory Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices | Google APIs for Android | Google Developers

It's called a staggered release...  Google has been doing this for YEARS, and people think they are supposed to get it day one when announced.  It can actually take Google a month or at times longer to update to the latest.  My 5X purchased directly from them took 1 1/2 months to be up to date because one update took 1 1/2 months for me to get it, and the 2 updates after that came in a matter of minutes.

https://www.androidcentral.com/editors-desk-zen-and-art-staggered-release

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LordG33K,

I appreciate you bring this to our attention. Making sure you have the most updated software is important. As one of our community members mentioned, the software updates come out in waves. This is correct. Rest assured, you will be receiving the software update soon. Once it is available to you, you will see the update pushed to your phone to perform. Are you having any issues with your phone that I can help with?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ann154 wrote:

The May security updates were just announced today! It is great that VZW has already updated their website to reflect it. You can certainly manually check for the update through the phone settings, but don't be surprised or worried if the phone doesn't find it yet. The first day of update release is usually a smaller batch of devices to verify the update installs smoothly and no bricking of devices occurs. Once the initial phase is complete, the update will start rolling out to everyone and can take a few weeks to fully complete. For example, I usually see these updates around the 15th of the month after the release date.

Patience is a virtue.

The update arrived earlier then usual for me. It showed up in the notification bar today May 11th and I will install it later.

0 Likes