Where is the February security patch?
jfdeuce1911
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use the Google Pixel 2 XL.

Has anyone received the February security patch? The website link below states the patch is rolling out, but I haven't received anything yet.

Google Pixel 2 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Where is the February security patch?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nope. I'm on the Pixel 1 and I don't have it either. I also don't expect to see it until about the 15th based on the past updates for my phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of wanting to have the benefits of getting a software/Security patch update on your phone as soon as possible jfdeuce1911. Since the updates are released at different times for different devices it is possible to see some phones go a while without receiving an update. Once the update has been pushed to your phone you will be alerted to install the latest patch to your phone at that time. 

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
eandres

My Google Pixel 2 XL still is not able to download the Google February 5, 2018 update.

I thought we were getting the updates straight from Google and not Verizon.

That was the reason way i switched from Samsung to Google. I want to be able to install the security updates as soon as they are released.

0 Likes
mathguy0604
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is announced on the Verizon website as being available.  What do you mean by "released at different times!?"  It's released.  Why won't the phones update!?  C'mon Verizon, you're losing it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The updates are staggered whether or not they come from Google or Verizon.

I still don't have the February security updates on my phone. I'm not worried.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mathguy0604
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I know it is out there. It just hasn't pushed to my phone yet. The updates are staggered and can take several weeks to reach all of the devices. I repeat. I'm not worried.

0 Likes
TUNEZ23

This is why  irresponsible and sorry companies such as Verizon shouldn't manage software updates. Google should put their foot down on these peons and demand to handle the updates themselves so we don't have to deal with crap like this.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless isn't pushing out the updates like this. This is how Google does it for all their devices cell phones or wifi devices. It is Google pushing out the updates for the Pixel phones not Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes