Why can't I use voice and data simultaneously on my Pixel XL?
LATJOH4
Enthusiast - Level 2

The steps to enable HD voice latex for the pixel XL are not working.  The setting does not exist on the Google XL. I even took to the store and they also confirmed the option is not there on the XL  it is there on the Pixel but not the XL therefore I can not use voice and data together even thought the feature is active on my account. When will  this issue be fixed?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't use voice and data simultaneously on pixel XL
LATJOH4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get voice and data working simultaneously with the below steps:

1. Open the dialer and type in *#*#4636#*#*

2. Choose "Phone Information"

3. Scroll down and flip the toggle on "Video Calling Provisioned".

4. The video call option now appears in the Dialer settings.

Still looking for the video calling option

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Many people report using HD Voice/simultaneous voice and data with the Pixel XL

Open the My Verizon app

• Go to Accounts > Add-Ons > Select your Device (you might skip this step if there's only one device on your account) > Essential Services
  • Toward the bottom, you should see a free Add-On called HD Voice. Tap 'View' and follow the prompts to enable the add-on. It might take a moment for the setting to kick in. I chose to restart my phone during this time.
  • Under your phone's settings, go to More > Cellular Networks > and check 'Advanced Calling'
  • Open the Phone app and go Settings > Calls > and check 'Turn on video calling'

Some people had to remove the HD Voice feature from My Verizon and then add it back in to get the options to show.

Here is source if you need more info https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/5cxzvh/enabling_verizon_hd_voice_simultaneous_calling/

0 Likes
MattAndroidWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 3

No option for turn on video calls.

LATJOH4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm tried that already  I actyall used the same website to get that info. I think that is for the Google pixel not the pixel XL because there is no option under cellular network to turn on advanced calong on the XL. It is on the regular Pixel but I did try this already on the XL with no luck. 

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Did you remove HD voice feature from My Verizon? 

Other people with XL have the feature, so it is supported

0 Likes
elyssamc
Enthusiast - Level 1

same here. i tried turning the option off the on on my account. restarted the phone. factory reset the phone. none of these helped. the option for advance calling is turned on under cellular networks but there is no option for video calling under call settings. i have the regular pixel. all my other video calling apps work like facebook messenger and hangouts.

in fact when i originally removed then added back the hd calling feature it removed the advanced calling option from cellular networks all together. i could not get it to come back. that's when i factory reset the phone. the option came back under cellular networks but still no option for video calling under call settings

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

elyssamc wrote:

same here. i tried turning the option off the on on my account. restarted the phone. factory reset the phone. none of these helped. the option for advance calling is turned on under cellular networks but there is no option for video calling under call settings. i have the regular pixel. all my other video calling apps work like facebook messenger and hangouts.

in fact when i originally removed then added back the hd calling feature it removed the advanced calling option from cellular networks all together. i could not get it to come back. that's when i factory reset the phone. the option came back under cellular networks but still no option for video calling under call settings

I have the regular Pixel also, purchased from Google. I have the video calling setting under settings on my calling app. I have it turned to on and I am able to make video calls to other lines with HD calling with video calling also turned on.

elyssamc
Enthusiast - Level 1

The video provisioned option in the testing menu was defaulted to off on mine. Had to enable it and the option came up

0 Likes
LATJOH4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get voice and data working simultaneously with the below steps:

1. Open the dialer and type in *#*#4636#*#*

2. Choose "Phone Information"

3. Scroll down and flip the toggle on "Video Calling Provisioned".

4. The video call option now appears in the Dialer settings.

Still looking for the video calling option

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Keep in mind, the option to initiate a video call will only show up if a contact also has video calling capabilities AND has them activated. If they don't, the option will not show up.

0 Likes