Why did the Pixel 5 ship date change?
RDBATES33
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I pre-ordered the Pixel 5, Verizon's site stated it would ship by 10-29-20. I logged in to check on my order today, and the site now states it will ship by 11-04-20. What happened? I've seen articles showing the Pixel 5 has shipped from Google Store. And apparently Best Buy had Verizon models available for sale today. Why did Verizon move the date back a week?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why did the Pixel 5 ship date change?
bunza

My order says it will be delivered today, 10-29-20, but it hasn't shipped.  If I go to the automated chat, it tells me that its scheduled to ship today.  I'm guessing neither will happen today.

0 Likes
RDBATES33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Checked on my order again this evening, and the status has changed; however, it doesn't give a shipping date. It just states that the order will ship soon. It's fine, I just find it odd the shipping date would change and no messages were sent out to those who pre-ordered. It just makes sense from a customer service standpoint.

0 Likes
RDBATES33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Further frustration this morning. Website shows two local VZW locations that have the Pixel 5 available for pickup today. What is the point of pre-ordering? The pre-orders should have priority. They should have been processed and gone out yesterday. Had I known, I would have skipped the preorder and waited the one day to just visit a store.

henriri
Enthusiast - Level 1

agree with the above

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us today, the reason the date would move is because of what we will have in stock and when we will have it in stock. This depends on color and storage size. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to look into this with you. To allow us to do so, please leave a Private Note here, or reach out to us directly online a@VZWSupport on Twitter or Facebook. We are also available at 1-800-922-0204. Please inform us if you require any other information. 

VZW_Robert

0 Likes
Distracted1

I pre-ordered the 128 GB Just Black on September 30.  No phone yet (10-31) and it's not shipped either.  My Pixel 2 XL is barely holding together, battery is shot after 3 years of heavy use.  Hope I get the new phone soon before the old one dies.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do appreciate the understanding, and it would make perfect sense to have alerts for any change in shipping date for the new phone. Please let us know what model of the Pixel 5 you'e chosen, and we can help look into the status with that specific one. To check into the order, please send us a Private Message.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Distracted1, we know how important it is to ensure your order is processed. We would love to take a closer look into this right away to ensure you receive your new device as early as possible. We'll be sending a Private Note to better assist. 

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes