Why does my Pixel XL keep disconnecting from my bluetooth?
CREFOR85

My Pixel disconnects from the Bluetooth, i have tried 5 different Bluetooth devices and it does basically the same just different calls

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pixel XL keeps disconnecting from my bluetooth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is to see you leave Verizon, mathguy0604. We understand how important bluetooth connectivity is to being able to drive handsfree. Since the software update released in April was expected to correct this, the recommendation to perform a factory reset is the best option. At times, the software doesn't load correctly, and this step does allow the software to load onto a clean slate. To complete this step, please go to Settings > Backup and Reset > Factory data reset > Reset Phone. We do also recommend completing a full back up of your data prior to completing this step.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the device have the latest version of the OS and security updates? The Bluetooth bug was supposed to have been fixed in the March update I believe. It was a couple of updates ago and I have the May update installed on my phone. I haven't noticed any of the issues I was having before the Bluetooth fix was installed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CREFOR85

I got the May 5 security patch update.

Thank you,

Creighton

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you haven't tried it already, I would suggest removing all of the know pairing from the device, reboot the phone and start setting up the devices again one by one.  Maybe even space out the new pairing by a day or so to verify each device is connecting properly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mathguy0604
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a widespread and known issue with the Pixel phones.  There is no correction for it and Google seems to be washing its hands of it.  So, you're stuck.  Verizon should offer to buy back these phones as they are DEFECTIVE.  They do not perform as advertised and present a safety issue.  However, I'm not holding my breath.  This may be what chases me back to US Cellular.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We greatly value your loyalty and always want you to have the best device experience. Let's wok to help you stay! Please tell me more about what you have experienced with the Bluetooth connection. Can you confirm your current baseband and system version via Settings>About Phone?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
CREFOR85

Android version 7.1.2

Base band

8996-012901-1703291803

Is this what you need?

Thank you,

Creighton

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CREFOR85,

Thanks for that information. The good news is that the phone is up to date based on that information. There have been reports of similar device behavior and it is under investigation by the manufacturer. We can attempt to reset the device to factory settings to allow the operating system to re-install. Otherwise, you may also be able to reach out to the manufacturer directly to determine an alternate work around.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mathguy0604
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, Verizon Support,

You admit that (not your fault), you've sold us defective phones.  How is waiting for the manufacturer to respond (it's been months of this issue) a solution for us?  You have a contractual obligation to us, your customers, to supply a working handset.  This thing doesn't work!  It's time to recall it, make us whole and you can go after google on it.  I'm sick of you expecting us to just accept poor service, poor performance and offer no way out.  Beginning to think that another carrier may be the solution.

0 Likes
CREFOR85

I could not agree MORE. It seems it has always been our fault. All Verizon wants to do is sell new phones or tablets, the people in the store do NOT want to help with an issue at all.

Thank you,

Creighton

0 Likes