Wifi Calling not working on pixel
JRP82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wifi calling is no longer working on my pixel.

I have the option enabled and it was working a week ago but this week it is no longer working. I have turned on airplane mode and then turned on WIFI to check it and it will not connect to the VZW wifi-calling.  Anyone else having this issue?

Labels (2)
Re: Wifi Calling not working on pixel
JRP82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I should also mention I have an IPHONE 6S that is not having this issue    

JohnnyNoCash363
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would call customer care from a different phone, so they can troubleshoot with you.  The phone number is 1-800-922-0204. It could be that Wi-Fi calling just needs to be re-added to your line. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to use your WiFi calling JRP82. I can certainly help to see what is going on. I do appreciate the steps you have taken already. What makes you think that your WiFi calling is not working? What errors are you getting if any? Can you please make sure that your HD voice is turned on? http://spr.ly/6587DeFAU;

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tiredoftalus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had the same problem for months [Moto Z Play Droid]. It would try to use 1 bar of mobile signal even if it resulted in an unintelligible call. A verizon rep suggested going into airplane mode then turning WIFI back on. This would usually result in the message that a call can't be made in airplane mode. Twice, a chat tech would have me turn off the phone, they would"resync", then wifi calling would work. For a day or two. A minority of the time wifi calling would work, mostly not. You are not alone, we need a solution. Many of us have a specific plan and phone because we need to have wifi calling.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of getting the WiFi calling feature to work properly tiredoftalus. We are happy to help. Were there any changes to your device around the time the issue began such as new apps or updates? Does this happen with every WiFi network you are connected to or is it only happening with a specific network?

0 Likes
tiredoftalus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I only try to use wifi calling on my home network. There may have been updates about the time I noticed a problem. My wife has the same problem on her identical phone, she didn't download any apps. Could this thread offer a clue? Wifi calling has stopped working   All any of us want, on multiple threads, is the ability to decide when wifi calling will be the default. Verizon forces the phone to use a mobile connection even when that connection is too weak to have a conversation. Kind of defeats the purpose of wifi calling.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand how it can be concerning to have this problem with several devices regarding Wi-Fi calling. We would like to check further into your account to better assist you and make sure everything is squared away on our end. Please reach out to us via Twitter or Facebook for further assistance.

Alfredo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MICHELLEVFITCH
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem have been on the phone (having to use another phone!!)  with Tier 2 Tech support, got a replacement pixel 2 sent and still the same thing. Cannot get texts or calls while at home, we have no cell service, my phone shows connect to wi fi but still nothing!! Very frustrating, I missed a job interview call today, and can't connect with my family. My husband has a Samsung that works fine!! So it's not my wi fi.  I NEED a resolution SOON!!!

MICHELLEVFITCH
Enthusiast - Level 1

It would take too long to try and explain the issues, in short, Wi Fi

calling does not work, I have factory reset, and been sent a replacement

phone (pixel 2 xl) I MUST have wi fi calling as I do not get cell service

at my home. Am now tired of Tech support dropping my calls and then calling

my cell number or texting which I don't receive until I leave my home! One

of the worst experiences ever

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 6:26 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes