Wireless Issue with Pixel after 7.1.2 Upgrade
Elkanah720
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded my Pixel XL to 7.1.2 and now my Wi-Fi will not stay connected.  It will eventually say "IP Configuration Failure" after multiple attempts.  I have tried multiple wireless networks with different authentication methods and none of them work.  Of course I have rebooted the phone as well. If I remove the SSID from my saved network list, it will connect for the first attempt for only a few minutes and then disconnect.  Then again, it will cycle through attempting to connect until it finally says "IP Configuration Failure".  As a last resort, I reset all my network settings on my phone.   Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try next?  Wi-Fi worked flawlessly before the upgrade. 

Thanks!

Scott

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wireless Issue with Pixel after 7.1.2 Upgrade
Elkanah720
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ignore this.  I have a co-worker who thinks he is funny and setup a rogue device to mimic our SSIDs.  It was in our area only and set it up as I was updating my phone.  Just found it and disabled it so now my phone is connecting since it is no longer authenticating to the rogue device. 

Re: Wireless Issue with Pixel after 7.1.2 Upgrade
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That wasn't a very nice "April's Fools" prank.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.