Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Wireless Issue with Pixel after 7.1.2 Upgrade
Elkanah720

I just upgraded my Pixel XL to 7.1.2 and now my Wi-Fi will not stay connected.  It will eventually say "IP Configuration Failure" after multiple attempts.  I have tried multiple wireless networks with different authentication methods and none of them work.  Of course I have rebooted the phone as well. If I remove the SSID from my saved network list, it will connect for the first attempt for only a few minutes and then disconnect.  Then again, it will cycle through attempting to connect until it finally says "IP Configuration Failure".  As a last resort, I reset all my network settings on my phone.   Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can try next?  Wi-Fi worked flawlessly before the upgrade. 

Thanks!

Scott

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wireless Issue with Pixel after 7.1.2 Upgrade
Elkanah720

Ignore this.  I have a co-worker who thinks he is funny and setup a rogue device to mimic our SSIDs.  It was in our area only and set it up as I was updating my phone.  Just found it and disabled it so now my phone is connecting since it is no longer authenticating to the rogue device. 

Re: Wireless Issue with Pixel after 7.1.2 Upgrade
Ann154
Expert
Expert

That wasn't a very nice "April's Fools" prank.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.