Wrong time on Pixel XL
DRNIKKI
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems like since the last update a few weeks ago, my time is an hour off. I live in Central Time and it is flipping to eastern Time.

Things I have tried:

1. Power off/power back on.

2. Check location services are on (they always have been, high accuracy)

3. Check automatic date and time is on (it was)

4. Check automatic time zone is on (it was BUT when I check it the grey "time zone" says ET. I turned auto TZ off and manually set it to Central. Turned auto TZ back on, it changed to ET.)

5. Take out sim card. Turn off and back on, reinsert sim card (correct time displayed for about 4 minutes, then back to ET)

6. Uninstall updates to the clock (it is locked to the phone so I can't uninstall and reinstall, all I can do is Force Stop and/or Uninstall Updates.)

Several of these actions would result in the time being correct for about 5 minutes then it was back to the wrong time zone.

I noticed one morning that it seems to switch back and forth periodically. Example: one morning I had an alarm set for 7 am. Alarm goes off, I realize by seeing another clock in the house that it is actually 6 am. I look again 10-15 minutes later, time is correct again. I take a shower and get out, look at phone, it's back to ET.

I am ridiculously irritated by this. I travel across my state from Central to Eastern frequently and have always counted on my phone to be accurate. It has been perfect for a year, like it would change as I crossed the "Entering Eastern Time Zone" on the interstate.

All of the experiments I have done have been performed at my house. In Central Time.

Please help! I am so frustrated!

Labels (2)
Re: Wrong time on Pixel XL
elizabethc_vzw
Verizon Employee

That definitely sounds like a frustrating situation, DRNIKKI. It is vital that your device shows the correct time and we definitely want to get to the bottom of the issue. Under your Settings in Date & Time, there should be an option to use "network provided time". Have you tried toggling that switch?

ElizabethC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DRNIKKI
Enthusiast - Level 2

OH MY GOSH

I have tried everything. I have talked with technical support .I have factory reset the phone TWICE. I have logged calls with #832 DOZENS OF TIMES as instructed by VZW.

I HAVE DRIVEN INTO THE BACK WOODS COUNTRY to find the new cell tower they have put up recently AND SAT UNDERNEATH IT AND LOGGED 5 #832 CALLS, POWERING OFF AND ON between each call.

THE NEW TOWER IS INCORRECT. IT IS SENDING OUT EASTERN TIME BUT THE TOWER IS IN CENTRAL TIME.

GOOD GRIEF, VZW, I DID ALL THE TROUBLESHOOTING FOR YOU, CAN SOMEONE JUST GO OUT THERE AND FIX THE STUPID THING?!?!

I am tired if calling in and explaining the whole process over and over again and getting texts that my issue is resolved when IT ISNT RESOLVED.

And in response to the video you sent me this morning, no, I do not want to buy a signal booster from you because it will only serve to BOOST A SIGNAL TGAT IS WRONG.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate everything that you've done, DRNIKKI. I know that you've been through a lot and I want to find a fix for this issue as soon as possible. Let's look more into this. After doing the Factory Data Reset, did you restore from a backup or set it up as new? Does the phone have the newest software update? If not, please update the software https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207242/.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DRNIKKI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes to both. WE HAVE ESTABLISHED IT IS NOT THE PHONE. I called again on Thursday and spoke with someone who told me she was going to go to a supervisor and call me back. Guess what? NO CALL.

All anyone needs to do is go fix the tower but no one seems to be interested in doing that. After being a Verizon customer for probably 18 or more years, I am ready to switch to a company that can at least get the time right.

0 Likes
DRNIKKI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is a photo of the offending tower that I sat under and logged 5 "test calls" all while it continued to send out the wrong time. From what I understand the engineers or whoever fixes these things are just too lazy to go out there. Or they just don't care. Either way, it is not getting fixed. This has been going on for a month and a half. I'm about over it.

0 Likes
DRNIKKI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guess what? They opened yet another trouble ticket (#3) and I got a text that the issue has been fixed. Guess what? MORE LIES.

0 Likes
DRNIKKI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yet another 30 minutes on the phone today to beg someone to please fix this and no result. I am to call back tomorrow during "normal business hours" so they can try to talk to someone (who? An engineer? A supervisor? I don't know) and get them to take this seriously.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's too long, DRNIKKI. I'd like to look into this and find out what is going on. I will be sending you a private message, so we can get started.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CODYBIGTIME
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue on the Pixel 3 XL I'm in central time zone but it jumps so much to eastern & I'm 2 hours away from the line of eastern so it's definitely not jumping towers.

0 Likes