can't make calls on google pixel
fxxxc

Since November, I haven't been able to consistently make phone calls on my pixel. I can connect, but the person on the other end can't hear me and I can't hear them UNLESS I have the speaker on.  At first, restarting the phone solved the problem. Now, it does not. I've gone back and forth with Google help with no solution. They've had me reboot in safe mode, factory reset, and even asked me to take it to a repair store and pay $80 to see if they could fix it. They will not offer any other help, because the 1-year warranty is out.  I still owe $300 on this phone and am getting no where with Google. Anyone else having the same problem with their Pixel?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: can't make calls on google pixel
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance on making sure the person on the receiving end can hear you and you can hear them, fxxxc. When this first happened in November, did your phone do any type of an update? Was the device exposed to any physical or liquid damage?

JoeyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
daveriverszen

No physical damage at that time ... I don't actually know if an update

had happened then. I did drop my phone a couple of weeks ago without the

cover and the clear plastic on the back cracked.

0 Likes
fxxxc

Hi.  My pixel worked great from the time I purchased it on 11/07/16 until 11/06/17, when the problems with making phone calls started.  I know for certain it was this day as I was traveling to Atlanta and couldn't make calls when I got there.  I have never dropped the phone and it has never gotten damp. I'm pretty sure there *was* a software update--either the day before or that same day.  It has never worked properly since.  Because the phone is (conveniently for google) out of warranty, they are unwilling to do anything to help me.

0 Likes
rosannem_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to be sure to solve your issue daveriverszen. Just to clarify, are you having the same issue that the original community member was experiencing? Does it work if you have the speaker on? Does it work with a headset? When did you first notice this issue?

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
daveriverszen

When it stops working it does not work if I have the speaker on or off.

I have not tried it with a headset. The only way to fix it is to restart

the phone. Started a few weeks ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fxxxc, I rely on my phone daily, so I know how important it is to ensure your phone is working at all times. Can you verify the software version you are running on the device? For directions on how to view the software on your phone click, http://vz.to/2keKvn0. Can you try removing/reinserting the SIM card on your phone then test calls. For directions click, http://vz.to/2fhe7Rm Keep us updated.

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
fxxxc

Michelle:
I've been round and round with Google support on this for the past month. If you're interested, you'll discover MANY OTHERS have had the same problem with their Pixel:

Google Groups

There is nothing that will "fix" it--those who are lucky enough to have the phone break before their warranty runs out can get a new phone.  For those like me, I just paid the remaining $270 on it and bought a Samsung yesterday. I"m done with google and their [removed] pixel and plan to warn everyone I know NOT to buy one.  Thanks for your help.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The most difficult issue to troubleshoot is a random one, daveriverszen. We understand it’s inconvenient at best to have to restart the device just to be able to maintain sound on a call. Let’s keep working on the details. Do you recall installing any new apps in the last month? Do you notice any pattern when this happens, such as time of day, location, or even what app or apps are running at the time? It would be helpful to know if the headset is an option, so if you get a chance to troubleshoot with that please let us know.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never the experience we want you to have, fxxxc. We can't apologize enough. It should be a smooth and easy process to get the help you need. I am glad to hear that you have a phone you are happy with, but so disappointed in the process to get there. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes