messages out of order with message + app
Kormath
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't recall exactly when this started happening.  But it's becoming worse and getting really frustrating over the last couple weeks.  When texting friends and co-workers from my Pixel 2 XL, the messages i send are out of order.

Today i sent 3 messages to a friend of mine who is on AT&T with their default Samsung 7 message app.  The 3 messages i sent over a 15 minute timespan were all grouped together, showing the same timestamp, even though i sent the first, got her reply, then sent the 2nd and so on.  This also happens to my son on his iPhone 8 with Verizon's Message +.  His messages to me and mine to him are out of order, and it's just random when it does this.  I can message all morning and have them send just fine, then maybe at lunch, or after work, or in the evening they might show out of order.  Nothing i can pin down to say "that's it!".

It's odd it's happening on both iPhone and Android, and across carriers.  that definitely points at a problem with the message + app.  I've just switched my messaging app to the default messaging app on the Pixel 2 XL, and so far haven't had any issues with out of order messages.  However it's so random that i won't be sure for at least a day, as it's happing at least once a day now.  The only thing i can think of that may be a factor is my phone is on a business plan with my company while my son's and friends' phones are on personal accounts.

My app and my son's app, and hopefully my friend's message + apps are all up to date, version 6.6.5.

I have cleared cache and data in the app.

I have uninstalled, cleared phone cache, rebooted and reinstalled the app.

I have done a factory reset on the phone, clearing all apps and all data.

I have setup the phone (after the reset) as a new phone (no backup restoration).

So far nothing has worked. 

Labels (2)
Re: messages out of order with message + app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much Kormath for providing all the details you have regarding the issues you have experienced. We definitely understand how frustrating it is to experience these issues with text messages and we want to make sure we can get them back in order. What software version are you running currently with your Pixel 2 XL?

CandiceH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kormath
Enthusiast - Level 2

Message+ version 6.6.5, and my phone is running Android 8.1.0, that was updated a week ago or so.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want your messages to be in order, Kormath. At this time please try reinstall the Message+ app on your phone or reset  that app completely https://vz.to/2HZF7mE 

Also, have you tested using the default Messaging app on your phone to see if the same issue occures with that app?

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kylej4098
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this thread is kinda ancient, but I have been having the same issue and have found a solution that worked for me. The problem is with our devices' date and time setting. Go to settings -> General management -> Date and Time, then select Automatic Date and Time. I actually got this from an AT&T board here:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Android/text-messages-out-of-order/td-p/5170092

At the time of this post I'm using a Verizon Galaxy S9+ with 8.0.0.

Hopefully you've already found a solution since it's an old thread, but just thought I'd chip in.

Hbrooks
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Kyle! I like that Verizon's plan is to reinstall message plus and lose all your messages while your plan addresses the actual issue 🤔

Ckimmell
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not just you. It is happening to my wife and I as well I have the Galaxy Note9 and my wife has the Galaxy9. This is not a phone thing this is a software issue. I have gone to other SMS applications and this does not happen. I really do like the fetures of the Message+ App though but this almost makes it unusable.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to see you and your family have the best experience with all of the great features in the Verizon Messages application. When did you start experiencing these concerns? Have you had the opportunity to clear the cache of the application via Settings>Apps>Message+>Storage>Clear cache and Clear Data?  YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
Hixsontrish

I'm having the same issue. Have cleared cashe and data and it's still not working.  This is so annoying

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are having issues with your messages being out of order. When did this start? If you use the native messaging app on your phone do the messages show in the correct order? Check your app store to make sure that the application is up to date. 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes