For the past 6 months, my data has been running out of nowhere. I have addressed this with the Verizon agent and their temporary solution to that was to refill my prepaid account with data. They recognize that I have not been using data (I am at home because of the pandemic) , but my data is running out of nowhere.
I will now list all that I have done to address this data issue:
- History - I have been using Verizon prepaid plan for over 2 years and now I am getting data running out of nowhere and now no Data.
- Data consumed out of nowhere- Contact Verizon agent they refill account and I am back with data.
- Old plan issue - After a couple of refills, I told the Verizon agent that this is only a temporary solution to this issue. So the agent recommended I switch to a new plan 15GB which would cost the same as my old plan 8G + 7GB bonus provided by Verizon so I switched the plan.
- New plan issue -After switching plans, I have no Data at all, I can call and text, but no Data.
- Syncing issue - I talked with the Service agent and they recommended I troubleshoot device so I did the following
- Restart device
- Ask them to resync
- Old Sim Issue- I was told that it might have to do with the SIM, I was still able to call and text and I haven't had any problem with Data for over two years until recently
- Device Issue- I switched to a new sim and it still did not work so they say it is the device I am using
- To test this I have used both an Android (Pixel 2) and IOS (Iphone 11) to test the sim card doing all the troubleshoot (restart, resync) and both devices can call and text, but still no data
- On the Android Pixel 2, it says Verizon - "You don't have a Verizon Wireless plan or you've used all of your plan allowances, please contact Verizon"
- I contact Verizon and it is clear I have not consumed any of my 15GB data because I have no data on my device even with the new SIM activated.
- Data used outside of registered location -Ticket NRB000010352138 was submitted to address this system issue. The resolution was that the data is being used at 900+miles away from the registered location.
- This doesn't make any sense to me because I am currently registered in San Francisco and I could be in New York (2k miles away) and I should still have data
- I am using a new SIM so shouldn't data be sent to this new sim.
- Low Signal Issue - Ticket NRB000010357563 - the solution they provided was that my area had low coverage and recommended to switch to a post plan.
- This is not a coverage issue because someone in a household under the same prepaid plan has data.
- I am receiving no data at all whether I am indoor at home or out in the city.
It seems that the technical specialists are unable to solve my issue. Has anyone encountered this issue?
Any help on this issue is appreciated. Thanks!
Solved! Go to Correct Answer
Update: I finally have data thank you for fixing it NoahS. Thanks!
"Yay! I am glad it is working. I had your local tower refresh the data provisioning for your line. Sometimes information about how a line is supposed to be working gets a little error and starts behaving weird. A refresh with our main systems will often get it working. Is there anything else I can do for you? "
Hey, marbochengye. It looks like you've been dealing with this for a while. We'd like to try a few things here on our end, to see if we can get to the bottom of this. Please reach out in a Private Message.
Update: I was reached out by Verizon support and I authenticated my identity.
New ticket was filed by Verizon support [redacted], but the solution is the same as the previous ticket, which says it is a signal issue.
It looks like the Technical specialists are unable to find a solution to my proven and are blaming it on the coverage issue. Like I said, I live with someone under the same plan are the person has signal and my Pixel device says "You don't have a Verizon Wireless plan or you've used all of your plan allowances, please contact Verizon" even though I can call and text.
I thank you for all the patience you've had with us. To get us started with your assistance, I will need you to verify. Will you please provide me the IMEI number of your Prepaid device? You can locate this information in Settings.
Hi Verizon support, the MEID 35803508402945 on Pixel 2.
If you think this has to do with the device, I have also tried SIM on iPhone 11 and the data also doesn't work, but I can call and text.
Update: I have been reached out by Verizon Support twice here and I have already authenticated twice.
I am confused with this authentication process. It seems that once I am authenticated nothing moves forward.
Can Verizon Support provide me with a number I can reach out with regards to this? If possible with a specialist?
I don't really want to repeat myself to a representative if possible. I have already addressed this issue with 5 online representatives, one store manager, one store representative, tech support on the phone, and 2 Verizon support that reached out on this forum, but has not provided any support yet.
Hello. I would be happy to assist you with your account and service, but I will first need you to verify it.To authenticate your account please confirm your first and last name, review the following, and then click the link after "Authenticate here": Please ensure you are not already logged in to My Verizon before attempting authentication.
If you use Messenger or Direct Message to chat with Verizon, your questions and our responses may include info about your account, including Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”), which is visible to Facebook/Twitter and may be used for their own purposes per their privacy policies (www.facebook.com/about/privacy / www.twitter.com/privacy).
CPNI is info available to Verizon solely by virtue of our relationship with you that relates to the type, quantity, destination, technical configuration, location, and amount of use of the telecommunications and interconnected VoIP services you purchase from us, and related billing info.
By clicking the link to continue, you agree to allow us to share your info, including CPNI, in Messenger and Direct Message. To stop sharing info including CPNI, stop using Messenger and Direct Message to chat with us. Contact Facebook and Twitter about your rights, if any, to delete info that was previously shared.
Authenticate here: http://spr.ly/6007HKjT1
I have already authenticated and I got the message
"Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will contact you shortly."
Please let me know how I will get contacted thanks.