Re: Any one ordered their pixel xl 128 on black Friday received it yet ?
AirPirate
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ordered two XL /128s on Nov 25. Has been shown as shipping on Jan 6 (today). Guess what? Just got email from Verizon that a new shipping date is March 10! So, from order to shipping will be at least four months.

The question is: Can I cancel the order? I feel like my chances would be better if I order from Google. Any opinions?

0 Likes
Bonnie2251

It looks like everyone who ordered the 128GB   pixel XL  on black Friday now  has a ship date of march.  if anyone ordered it  later  their ship date should be later

0 Likes
Bigboss3rm
Contributor - Level 1

OK got the email , not getting it till March. So I didn't want to wait till March so I cancelled the order , after the order was cancelled then the representative tells me I will have to pay back 400 of the 649. Trade in credit I received because I broke the trade agreement . Even when Verizon can't deliver the phone . So I was forced to make another order so I don't have to pay back the money. I would have never traded my s7 edge for 249.  But they said they couldn't give me my phone back. What's bad is I spoke with a representative who told me 100% I would be getting my phone shipped out. That day . He said he even checked with his supervisor to make sure. I was just lied too that is the worst. Part and now I have to go to the back of the list because he said he could change the canceled order . Just. Great!! I have been. Customer for 19 years and this is the thanks I get . I have a corporate account  with 7 lines and a personal account .Plus my original order was back in November. Go Big Red

OnlineTechDude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Been with them at least 15 years myself and now I put myself on the wait list on Google.  So if it becomes available before March 10th, I'll buy from them and since their insurance is one payment of $99 for two years, i'ts less than half the price. 

So Verizon will be losing $40-$50 a month each on 2 phones (paying off what little is left on my wife's phone next month and probably buying the Pixel XL for her too from Google.

Waiting 4 months on an order of a new phone that was released at least a month or two before I placed my order on Black Friday is just inexcusable.  Seriously looking at T-Mobile since almost all streaming doesn't count against data.

0 Likes
meceagle1

I ordered mine on Nov. 23rd with a promise date of 1-06. How excited I was on the 6th when I logged into my Verizon account to see the order processing. But no, not an hour later I get an email saying it will now be 3-10. My Verizon store rep blamed it on Google of course. Such very poor customer service. No wonder Consumer Reports rated them so poorly. I could change to T-Mobile, but they have just raised their least expensive plan to $70. The other cell company options have poor service in my area. I am at a loss as to how a company can release a phone and not have a reasonable expectation to ship on time. I am beside myself, Verizon is just such a poor company. So now I have to decide like many of you, is it worth changing companies? What a mess...

0 Likes
greatoppressor

Here's something new... I got a text message from VZW tonight that my order was received on 01/09/2017 (of course, I actually order on 11/25) and that they will send tracking information when it ships. Then I noticed that my order online changed from having a pre-order number to having an actual order number. Maybe that's a good sign?

-SR-

0 Likes
bcantana
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not gotten my text message yet, but my order has been updated and my credit card has been charged. I believe the pattern is that your card gets charged in final processing as the device ships out the door so hopefully we will see FedEx tracking numbers in the next few to 24 hours.

I also read (rumors of course) that the emails that went out stating 3/3 and 3/10 for the new shipping dates were a mistake and should have only stated a few day delay past the 1/6 date target. It sure is starting to look like there is something to that rumor.

I think there would be a lot of frustrated, but forgiving people if that were the case and Verizon just sent out an update explaining if it was a glitch. On reddit there are a good number of folks that look like they gave up on their orders based on those emails. I hate to think that it was a tactic done on purpose to create some "organic" capacity to alleviate some of the backorders.

In any case, I am glad to see that hopefully I will be a Pixel XL user soon and no hard feelings here. I expected a wait, was justifiably frustrated at a potential further delay, but am happy progress has been made.

Where I live in North Carolina Verizon provides the best metro and rural coverage of the 4 big providers so it is not like I am going to be leaving any time soon. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
RedZoneOS

Little bit of good news to share.  I got the same delay email (march10).  I was seething to say the least afterm already having waited since black friday, and galazy s8 set to one up the pixel xl...  well...

Good news is I got an email today that my phone shipped.  Included tracking number and everything.  (Pixel xl 128gb).

So unless I don't get it in 2 days, the march 10 delivery date doesn't seem accurate.

Problem is...I ordered 3 phones for a family plan.  Only receiving one of them ughhh

0 Likes
Syrinx
Enthusiast - Level 3

My ship date was to be 1/6. Ordered on 11/26. Instead of getting a tracking number, I got an email telling me my new ship date is 3/3. If they had shipped my phone, it would have arrived today.  If I cancel my order, I lose my Black Friday deal Smiley Sad. I can't convert to another device. Not happy. Verizon needs to put the heat on Google.

0 Likes
bcantana
Enthusiast - Level 2

Give it another day or two. Mine is shipping now and will be delivered Thursday. Confirmed with Fed Ex tracking. It looks like they got through a lot of 11/24 orders yesterday and the 11/25 today. Hopefully for you tomorrow is 11/26 catch up day.