Black Friday Pixel XL
TVulcano

Did anyone purchase a Pixel XL at a discounted monthly rate on Black Friday?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
261 Replies
Shocktroop89
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am still waiting as well. I purchased the Google Pixel on Black Friday for the $10 month after credits. I definitely would not have gotten the phone if it weren't for the credits. I chatted with Verizon customer service twice and they both have said the credits should be on their and submitted claim forms, but still nothing Smiley Sad. Has anyone received their promotional credits yet?

0 Likes
stpenn123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, still have not received mine...

I talked with verizon customer service a couple weeks ago and the rep assured me the credit will appear on my next bill. Waiting to receive my next bill still, before I call again. Like you said, I also would not have purchased this phone at the time if it was not for the promotion.

This is pretty ridiculous. Did anyone happen to take a screenshot of the page that showed the 10$ credit when checking out?

0 Likes
Avalanche88
Enthusiast - Level 3

This was mine for the Pixel XL, which also proves the XL was part of their promotion!Pixel XL Promo.jpg

Shocktroop89
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is ridiculous I hate stressing about this stuff. I'm kind of tempted to switch to T-Mobile lol.

BRISIL64
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is unbelievable.  I have called 8 times regarding this.  The first 4 times they said would be getting my credit.  Now that I shoul dbe gtting my credit, I have called 4 times to open a case.  EVERY single time, no one has called back.  This is the worst Verizon customer service experience ever.  I have started investigating moving over to Google Project Fi.  SO frustrating

Avalanche88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where's the Verizon Wireless Customer Support agent on this post?? Several people having the same issue, and no response??

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Avalanche88 wrote:

Where's the Verizon Wireless Customer Support agent on this post?? Several people having the same issue, and no response??

A response from a VZW rep isn't guaranteed as this is a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. Granted they probably should have chimed in already as they usually reply about two days after the original post.

There are a few other similar discussions in the forum, you can review the VZW reps responses there and see if they help as they are likely to be the same responses you would get here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Avalanche88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I'm aware a response isn't guaranteed, and I already looked thru the other threads pertaining to this promotion, and all they said was to direct message them... I have requested to follow them so I could direct message them, but they haven't approved my follow request yet, that's why I commented what I did, so maybe the right person might stumble across it. But no luck so far. I don't have time to talk to them before work, for the 3rd time, so guess I'll just wait until after work and try chatting with another agent who will hopefully provide a real solution, unlike the other 2 agents who promised it would get resolved, but ultimately didn't.

BRISIL64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clearly, there is a system issue recognizing this Promotion...yet Verizon will not admit it and is making their customers pay for their mistake.

Avalanche88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just got done chatting with another agent online, who did see my account was escalated to get my credits, but I never received notification as I was told I would, so she tried sending another one via e-mail, and it didn't go thru either... Apparently there's an issue with my roadrunner account that must be blocking e-mails from Verizon, so I gave them an alternative address, which worked... but anyway, she escalated my account again just to make sure, and I am supposed to hear back from them within 2 business days as to the outcome of the ticket. I will post any updates I receive.

0 Likes
DAVHUN65

Has anyone received there discount yet? After receiving my 4th bill again no discount i went to Verizon store and asked. Manager doesn't show this promo listed. This is crazy I know what i paid for and saw when i ordered phone. What possible reason for having this promo and then acting like it never happened?

0 Likes
BRISIL64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, they cannot find the promo so they are calling us all liars...as if we would all get together and make this up.  They are cheating us all.

0 Likes
Shocktroop89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck with this guys I switched to at&t over this.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Avalanche88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok I finally got this taken care of Smiley Happy I received an e-mail saying that my credits have been applied. I checked my "next bill" in My Verizon, and it's showing all 5 credits (one for the new bill, and the 4 back credits). Again, this is for the Pixel XL, without a trade-in... so anyone else who bought the Pixel XL on Thanksgiving/Black Friday should be eligible for these credits. Hope this helps anyone still having problems getting this promotion applied to their account. Good luck!Credits.jpgCapture+_2017-03-24-11-22-22.png

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sweet!! Thanks for providing hope.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

BRISIL64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for posting that - I will call, but I have a feeling they will say same thing "not a valid promotion"

0 Likes
chalaca973

Where you able to get them to tell you what promotion code they need to use for my$20 monthly payment on the Pixel XL.

I'm on the phone with them and they are telling me that there was no promotion for the XL!

0 Likes
BRISIL64
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, they think we are all lying about the XL promotion. They will not even listen to the fact there are all these people saying we were promised the 20 dollar promotion price. I was told I would be credited but of course have not been.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The press release is a little deceiving, but the same deal that is specifically listed for the regular Pixel applied to the Pixel XL models. The promotional price was Pixel 32 GB at $10 per month, Pixel 128 GB at $15, Pixel XL 32 GB at $20 and Pixel XL 128 GB at $25.

Get all of the best phones - including Verizon exclusives - on the next gen network for $0 this Blac...

The exact wording was:

"Don’t want to trade in your phone but still want the best network? On Thursday and Friday only, get our best and exclusive phones, like Pixel, Phone by Google, for only $10 per month with no money down and no trade-in required.**"

"**For 24 months on device payment for qualified customers. Thursday and Friday online and Friday in-store only. Up to $672.00 device payment purchase req’d. Less up to $432 bill credit applied to account over 24 mos.; credit begins within 2–3 cycles & ends when balance paid; 0% APR. Line must be active for 24 mos. to get full credit."

Avalanche88
Enthusiast - Level 3

No they didn't say, sorry.

0 Likes
BRISIL64
Enthusiast - Level 2

One more update - I called regarding this again...this time the representative was able to find the promotion for the Pixel XL.  For the first time, the representative actually opened a ticket for a credit to be applied, along with an adjustment to be made to 20.00 per month.  Fingers crossed this actually gets resolved.  The text says it will be taken care wthin 7 days.  First glimmer of hope.