Black Friday Pixel XL
TVulcano

Did anyone purchase a Pixel XL at a discounted monthly rate on Black Friday?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
261 Replies
Bpbp55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!  I thought that's where they were housed...I didn't have any messages...VZW didn't send me anything

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bpbp55,

We want to ensure that you get the pricing you were expected for your purchase. Our apologies if the private message we sent didn't arrive. We've resent you a message. Please check your inbox and respond to us there.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keep persisting the deal is valid. It was there. I saw it too. It was $20 for 32 GB Pixel XL and $25 for the 128 GB model of the Pixel XL.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SLMTIGGER

I am concerned about this too.  I also purchased a Pixel XL128gb on Black Friday for the $25/month.  It didn't ship until Jan 20th.  I have now had three billing cycles with no monthly credits and when I called today I was told that they couldn't find the deal code.  I had called multiple times since the order was placed and was repeatedly assured that I would indeed receive the discounted pricing (monthly credits) starting around the third billing cycle since the device was ordered during the promotion.  The representative says "it's in the notes but there isn't a code associated with it".  She went through the computer by date and by "all" to find it and can't.  She escalated it, and promised a follow up.  You would think that with the number of people in this forum alone concerned by it they would have an available promo code ready.  I'm hoping that the Verizon customer service team can figure it out and fix it for their many Pixel customers.

0 Likes
Avalanche88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update... Sorry I haven't posted in awhile concerning this promotion, allot going on, but anyway, I received credits on my last bill, however, it was applied to the wrong line, and for the wrong amount, but more than expected LOL. I was expecting credits of $12.08 per month for 5 months, for a total credit of $60.40. What I received was credits of $17.08 for 3 months, plus $17.15 for one month, for a total credit of $68.39. I haven't had time to contact VZW about the credit amounts, and now I'm close to another billing, so I'm going to wait until my next bill to see what credits I receive (if any), and will deal with them at that time. At this point, I think we all should receive more credits than what is due, for having to their job for them!

0 Likes
DONBOL29
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, finally after two calls and lots of messaging, I'm showing credit for my first 4 bills. I talked to a nice CSR named Ray yesterday and he said they had filled out the wrong form to get the Black Friday promo added to my account. So now I just have to wait until the May bill to see if the automatic credit will be occurring on a monthly basis.

0 Likes
THEFLETCHS
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the same boat as many of you. I purchased 2 of the Pixel XL 128Gb phones on Black Friday 11/25/16. They were supposed to cost $25 per month ($36.24 - $11.24 in credits) and if you traded in the right phone, you would receive $23.75 month for Trade-In Credit. I made print outs of every page during my order and the final cart page shows both of these discounts clearly. There is no reason for them to be denying these credits. There was no wording about the discount being mutually exclusive (one or the other). Even the promotion page I saw that was posted by another member, included the XL as one that could be free after Trade-In of right model phone. So why must there be issues with this? Come on VERIZON!!

patel1005

Would you be able to provide the rest of us screenshots of those printouts so the rest of us people who trusted them to do the right thing and didn't print everything out, can show them that there indeed was a promotion and that we are due the credits?? Please and Thank You!

0 Likes
dakota199600
Enthusiast - Level 2

Were you able to get you situation resolved? I received the same response from their Customer Service that either you get the trade in amount or the discount on the Pixel XL. I printed out my cart and both were included. Seems they are changing their offer as they see fit. The CS rep said she would escalate my issue to her supervisor, but I have yet to receive a response. that was two day ago.

0 Likes
THEFLETCHS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Supposedly they sent in a request or something and I was supposed to get an email when approved. So far Crickets...................

I'll be calling again in a few days.

0 Likes
BRISIL64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing for me.  I see credits for next month without the monthly line change.  The representative assured me that I will keep receiving a monthly credit to offset the extra line charge.   Once again, I'll believe it when I see it.

0 Likes
d3rdirish

Just had the same conversation with a phone representative.  It was actually the first time that I had a customer service representative agree with me that the deal existed.  When looking up the claim he said "I am seeing here that they are saying that the problem is there was no trade in, but I was here when that deal was offered and there was a deal for that phone that didn't require a trade in."  He told me that my profile was showing a credit that just hadn't been given a start date and that in most cases that means it will begin at the next statement cycle.  Fingers crossed!

0 Likes
MISS_AZAR
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, me too.  Just finished with the chat representative.  She also assured me that I will see the discounted device payment rate on my next bill.  We'll see.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will be billed the full payment amount and then should also receive a separate line item on the bill crediting a portion of phone cost.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

d3rdirish

Just in case anyone stumbles across this looking for people having similar problems.  I just contacted Verizon on 3/28 via chat about not getting the problem resolved.  The worker spent about 30 minutes with me on the issue, but assured me it was all taken care of and I should receive an email in 24-48 hours about the problem being resolved.  I contacted via chat again today and they say there is a note in my file that they CANNOT FIND the deal I purchased my phone under ($20/month).  I bought my Pixel XL on Black Friday.  I am glad to have found this thread which validates the deal I was offered because the specific advertisement for the offer is nowhere to be found on the internet, that I can find.  Unfortunately I assumed the inquiry today would be simple and being that it took over an hour, and I was at work, I couldn't continue with the issue.  I plan on contacting Verizon via phone and speaking with a supervisor.  Will update everyone if I learn anything of use.

0 Likes
katim_vzw
Verizon Employee

stpenn123,

I'm shocked to hear of the concerns you've been having. I sent you a Private Message.

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STEHAG

Hi, can you please please please help me with this!

i have called over a dozen times now. I am getting nowhere fast.

At first they kept telling me they were gonna fix it, now they keep telling me this promotion never existed.

0 Likes
MyVerizonSuperUsernam

I had better success using a private message using Twitter.  The advantage is that your conversation history is all in one conversation and so they can see how they keep failing.  They ended up just crediting my accoiunt for the difference. 

0 Likes
stpenn123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you have some sort of update for me?

If you look through the numerous posts on this forum, it seems there are other users who have gotten this resolved. So I'm wondering why I and others are still being given the run around?

I responded to your private message, have yet to hear back.

0 Likes
scottiniowa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Shocked?  Haha!! Took me four calls to support to resolve my discount. All of them acted like I had no idea what I was taking about. Can't believe this is so difficult. Wanna guess if I would have finally got my discount if I hadn't called multiple times??

0 Likes
scottiniowa
Enthusiast - Level 1

finally, finally, finally got my credit for my Pixel (non XL).  Many many chat sessions.  We'll see if it continues beyond this month.