Re: Can't send texts (but only to one person)! Others work!
IcerC
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked with my pixel XL sending to an iPhone! Verizon tech support guy thought the iPhone user might have blocked the Android.... But it was just as simple adding a 1

poopdity_woop_scoop
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to read 6 different forums to find an answer to this question and WILLIESPANK had an answer tucked in here the whole time that y'all are just ignoring works.

shedor123

This problem just started a few days ago.  So far it is only my wife I can't text to.  I tried removing the (1) from her phone number.  That did not work.  I restarted the phone and still the text did not send. 

Any other ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shedor123, it's important that you can send texts. I'm here to help further. What messaging app are you using? When did this start? What is the make/model of your phone?

TracyB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JIMSPR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this same problem and the following fixed it.

In contacts, go to the contact you are having problems with.

Click the "Text" button.

My phone asked me which number to use. I selected the mobile number of the contact and clicked the always button.

Texts now work.

I think the problem was that an incoming text got associated with a name in my contacts, but not the mobile number of that person. When I tried to respond to a text, I think it was trying to use the wrong (non-mobile) number.

Like other people have complained the other phone was an iphone and it only happened on a small number of contacts. My wife had this same problem and the above fixed it for her as well.

MICSTR91
Enthusiast - Level 1

SOLVED: I applied the opposite solution, contact initially did not have the country code (+1), so format was (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Steps

1 Deleted all messaging and call history

2 Deleted contact

3 Created new contact with format +1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx

4 Problem solved

Note, I've previously had the same issue with the same contact.  first time I solved by deleting the 1, format was 1 (xxx) xxx-xxxx

I have a Pixel XL, they have iPhone 6, we are both on Verizon network.

Problem was they are able to text me, I would get the did not send messages if I tried to reply or send, call was fine both ways.

bagochips

I finally resolved my issue. I did not have a 1 at the beginning so I completely removed the phone number from the contact. Then I deleted the text history for that contact only. I added the number back into the contact and everything worked fine.

1. It started when I got the Pixel 2 and my contact had both an android when he was on Verizon and an iPhone while on T-Mobile so it had nothing to do with with the contact's phone type or carrier.
  2. Since the issue started I had to use a different text message app which had no problem.
  3. I believe the issue has to do with the default Android Messager app that comes with the Pixel.
0 Likes
MPLSMORGAN

Forcing a "1" at the beginning of the contact phone number worked for me.  Wacky, because I've never done that for any other person's contact number.

My phone is an original Pixel.

0 Likes
sflier

Thank you.  Adding a 1 in front of the phone number worked for me too. Verizon had been trying to solve this for a day with no luck.   This is the second time it's happened to me with the same contact.  There's some sort of bug issue with Verizon sending texts across network.  The first time it occurred, it cleared itself up after a few days.  The contact I'm texting is on AT&T and stops working for no apparent reason after a few text exchanges.  I've been reliably texting this individual for over a year prior to this issue.

0 Likes
SOPHWARE

Add me to the list of people where adding a 1 worked. Pixel 2 XL. Android Messages.

0 Likes