HELP! Problems with Pixel. Customer service run around!
DANBEA12

Here's where we are so far.

My wife got a pixel phone on OCT 29th. 2016

On incoming and outgoing calls the phone would make a fax machine type sound that was not heard on the pixel, but the other party could hear it.  People would hang up thinking it was a fax machine. This is a big problem if you use the phone for work and call people who don't have your # saved. A few factory resets later, the problem persisted and customer service sent a refurbished phone. Received phone Nov 28th 2016

That phone had the same issue and now the mic cuts out during calls. you can hear the other party, but they can not hear you.

a few factory resets later, the problem persisted and customer service sent out another phone. Received phone Dec 15th 2016

This phone has not make the fax machine sound in its first day of use, but the mic is cutting out on calls just like the second phone. Customer service recommends a factory reset. The phone is currently resetting.

This has become a nightmare. Due to all the resets, she has stopped putting any apps on the phone or customizing it because it will all be lost next time it is reset. Since the second phone we have tied to just return the phone and replace it with an IPHONE or Samsung phone. Willing to pay any difference in monthly flex billing if the new phone is more expensive. We have been told this is not an option!

I don't understand why its so difficult to keep a long time customer happy. I don't want anything free I don't want to cancel my plan. I just want my wife to have a phone that works.

We have been told that we will have to pay off this phone before we can switch to a new phone. The last customer service rep actually told us we could buy an inexpensive phone to use while we paid off the pixel!!!

I feel like this is something that executive management should know about. I have been happy with Verizon for years. You sold a phone that has major problems. There should be a way out other then leaving Verizon [Removed] and telling everyone to watch out for this Scam.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm sick of seeing my wife sad and [Removed] about a new phone she got.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: HELP! Problems with Pixel. Customer service run around!
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Are you going through Google CS or Verizon? Never had any issues but you may want to try to contact google to see if they will send you a replacement (if you haven't already). Unfortunately Verizon isn't going to let you exchange the phone for a different brand if you all are passed the return/exchange period. Your option there would be to keep getting exchanges or pay the amount owed off that would allow you to be eligible for upgrade (can't recall if you have to pay the whole amount on the Pixel or if you can do it 50% like the iPhone). If you think you can get the amount owed by selling it yourself you can do that...pay it off and get a different device. But if you haven't gone through google for a replacement under warranty try doing that.

0 Likes
futuredrew

We are having the same issue, my girlfriend's phone is doing the same thing and there is no solution.  We've spent tons of time between both Google and Verizon support and there's been no fix.  It's ridiculous that they continue just sending out more and more replacements with no fix and they think it's ok.

You seem nice because I think this is ridiculous and there has to be some legality in charging people for something that doesn't work.  The fact that she can't just replace it for a different phone is ridiculous, I'm paying $200 a month for our phones and bill and this is the kind of run around were getting?  I'm [Removed] done with Verizon, I will be taking my service else where.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you were having the same issues with your phone on another carrier and it was beyond their return/exchange policy then you would be in the same boat. Unfortunately you are very unlikely to get the opportunity to change to a different phone...they'll continue to replace it with the same model. Your options if that isn't acceptable to you would be to pay off the device (if on DPP) so you can trade it for a different phone...or you can sell it to go towards what is owed and then get a different phone. Or of course you can just opt to buy a new or used phone out of pocket. Or perhaps a carrier you're interested in switching to will pay for you to switch (after you pay out of pocket yourself) by reimbursing you what you owe Verizon up to $650. Maybe not options you love to hear but they are options if you really want out of the phone.

0 Likes
futuredrew

Wow what great customer service, pay us $650 for a defective device.  I don't care what carrier it is that's [Removed] customer service and to try and justify such [Removed] practices is crazy.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I'm not trying to justify it but I am telling you fact. If you look at what you agreed to when making the purchase you will see the same thing. It's the same for every carrier. I don't work for Verizon so I can't tell you why it is what it is. But like I said...if you are determined to have a different device without accepting replacements then you will have to choose the best route to do so. They will not allow you to switch to one after the 14 days.

0 Likes