How do you turn off VoLTE on Pixel 6 and 6 Pro?
randomnames

I'm trying to follow the suggestion to turn off both calling over wifi and VoLTE in response to the Exynos vulnerability. I found the setting to turn off wifi calling but not the VoLTE.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you turn off VoLTE on Pixel 6 and 6 Pro?
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

The March 2023 security update is supposed to start rolling out to the Pixel 6 series tomorrow, that update fixes the vulnerability. All should be good within a day or so.

View solution in original post

Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

You can't turn off VoLTE calling, that On/Off toggle was removed years ago. Google's advice with this alert is a little confusing.

randomnames

Yikes. So we're just exposed to this vulnerability?

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

You could put your phone in airplane mode and completely disconnect from the Verizon network. I think the odds of random people being hacked by this are higher than winning the lottery. The March security patch fixes the issue, I know it's delayed for the Pixel 6 & 6P, but as soon as it is released the issue is fixed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Randomnames! We understand the situation of your calling concern. To further assist you, I will be sending you a private note, so we can check this together and find out the best resolution.

>Alex

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

The March 2023 security update is supposed to start rolling out to the Pixel 6 series tomorrow, that update fixes the vulnerability. All should be good within a day or so.

Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

The March security update is rolling out for the Pixel 6 & 6Pro. For those of you with a 6 series you will not be vulnerable to this issue once you install the March update.

Searching4Answers
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep hammering the check updates button, but it still only shows February.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have we tried power cycling the device? That should allow you to select and download the update. 

>Eduardo