MMS Timeout (15 minutes)
everclear0411
Contributor - Level 1

This has been happening for at least 2 to 3 years and it is only getting worse. If I send/receive too many MMS texts within a short period of time all future MMS messages Phil, both send and receive for around 10 to 15 minutes (in rare occasions for a few hours).  

Details:

It has been happening for 2 to 4 years

It happens on all texting apps including the stock app, Google messages, messages plus etc using the VZW network. All messaging services that use data work fine.

It has been happening on multiple devices and multiple software updates. It is happened on three different Pixel 3, a pixel 7 pro and the Galaxy s21

It can happen in any group of users. No specific user seems to cause it.

Never occurs with iPhones in the same house or neighborhood. Whether they are on iMessage or the Verizon network for MMS.

A couple years ago it was only happening on the network, but now it even happens when I am on Wi-Fi.

I have reset network settings three times, restored phones, and done every basic troubleshooting step both with and without a Verizon tech on the phone or in chat.

Nothing fixes it except waiting 15 minutes.

Current phone: Pixel 7 pro

Current app: Google messages

Please dear God somebody actually escalate this to someone who can solve the problem or I'm going to have to leave Verizon and I Do. Not. Want. To.

0 Likes
Re: MMS Timeout (15 minutes)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear about this ongoing issue with your text messages. We want to make sure you're able to use your phone without any issues and we'd be happy to take a look at solutions with you. We'll send you a Private Note shortly.

~Jesse

0 Likes
lazyhour
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to find a forum that had a solution that has worked for me anytime this happens. It's definitely not a FIX which Verizon needs to solve, but it's worth a shot to get your phone to send/receive mms texts.

1. Open the Verizon app on your phone
2. Click the account button (samsung phone it's a icon the bottom of the phone screen) and login
3. Click manage all devices and choose your phone
4. Scroll down to Settings and Preferences and chose block specific services
5. Active the option to block picture and video messaging

Wait 10 minutes and then do the same steps with the last one disabling block picture and video messaging. After another 10 minutes (guessing that is how long it takes their system to actually make the update) hopefully you can now send and receive mms. I've had to do it a few times and it's worked each time
0 Likes
everclear0411
Contributor - Level 1

So does it solve the ongoing problem? Or does it just get your phone back to being able to send MMS messages quicker?

• My start working again after 15 minutes nearly every time.
0 Likes