Pixel 5 Not Updating
falco269

My Google Pixel 5 has not received any updates since the October 5, 2020 security update.

I hit Check for Update on WiFi and off and am told that everything is up to date. 

Any suggestions as to what is going on? Is my only hope a full factory reset?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixel 5 Not Updating
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Falco269, thank you so much for reaching out. We do want to make sure that you can get the most up-to-date software for your device. The software updates are released by the manufacture of the device. If you have a good connection to the Verizon network and it continues to say that your device is up to date, we would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer for further assistance. Youcan go to their website https://support.google.com/pixelphone/?hl=en#topic=7078250  -Kevin

0 Likes
Re: Pixel 5 Not Updating
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

@falco269 wrote:

My Google Pixel 5 has not received any updates since the October 5, 2020 security update.

I hit Check for Update on WiFi and off and am told that everything is up to date. 

Any suggestions as to what is going on? Is my only hope a full factory reset?

Thanks!

Were you enrolled in any beta testing for Android 11 or Android 12? If so when the stable public update is released you have to opt-out of the beta testing (sometimes) in order to get regular monthly security patches again.

0 Likes