Reuse SIM
jjjocsak

Can I re-use the SIM in my Pixel 2XL and install it in a Pixel 6?

That way I can purchase the phone from Google for $100.00 cheaper.

Thanks

Jeff

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reuse SIM
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jjjocsak wrote:

Can I re-use the SIM in my Pixel 2XL and install it in a Pixel 6?

That way I can purchase the phone from Google for $100.00 cheaper.

Thanks

Jeff

As long as it fits, yes. My current SIM card has been used in at least six different phones over the years. I'm considering a similar purchase method for the Pixel 6. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jjjocsak

Will any features be lost such as 5G?

Jeff

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jjjocsak wrote:

Will any features be lost such as 5G?

Jeff

If you didn't already have 5G on your plan and access with a 5G SIM card, yes, you won't be able to connect to the 5G network. Unless you live and work in an area with a great 5G network, it might not be worth getting a new SIM card. You can always get a new 5G SIM card and change your plan to one that has the 5G network option later once you have the phone activated.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jjjocsak, getting a new phone is always exciting. We know that some prefer to make that purchase in alternate routes. While SIM cards may be swapped into new phones, we always suggest getting a new SIM card as these are cardboard and have very sensitive contacts. Should you make that purchase in an alternate route, please know that you may always get a new SIM card at any of our direct stores. The 5G services will be based upon the plan and phone. If you have a plan that offers 5G services and live in a 5G coverage area you would have that 5G service. Does this help to explain? -LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes